Main Menu

My Ride at Willow

Started by DC_Performance, September 17, 2008, 11:42:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC_Performance

Sunday morning on the 14th of Sept, I had the privilege of riding with Southern California Viper Club President, Dan Everts at Willow Springs. We traveled the track at a time of 1 minute and 36 seconds, and what a ride it was. Dan won't blow his own horn on some of his past accomplishments; However Winning 2 Baseball World Championships takes a mind set that not everyone has. Riding with Dan was very smooth, robotic and fast. I am quite sure, If Dan had decided to give up everything, (in his younger years) and dedicate his life to auto racing, He would be in the World Champion Class in Motorsports. Dan keeps it a family affair, and would rather share his passion with new members than turn his passion into obsession, However if you lock horns with Dan on the track, Be Aware, that World Champion mind set has never left him. P.S. Having Drag Raced most of my life, I was looking for the Parachute release at the end of every straight away............Thanks, Lyle @ DC Performance       

PCH VIPER

It wasn't easy getting a picture of you guys flying by me in a blink....this was snapped about the time you were looking for the Parachute release.

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

NK BREKR

Dan is a   >11  I'm very grateful to have him as our club president and friend.   It was with his guidance and Lance's motivation that I lost my fear of the track, you fellas are top notch! >v <u

Kala

Dan rocks...

I went for a ride around WSIR with him @ NASA....

Freaking awesome  >s

Any updates yet Lyle? I wanna be there with camera in hand for your next big run  >r
Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

DC_Performance

Quote from: Kala on September 18, 2008, 05:09:38 AM
Dan rocks...

I went for a ride around WSIR with him @ NASA....

Freaking awesome  >s

Any updates yet Lyle? I wanna be there with camera in hand for your next big run  >r
[
<2Kala, Our plans are to race at California this Monday ( The 22nd), I am going to try to run a  8 Second Pass, Please e-mail me and I will let you know where we are at....................Lyle  [email protected]/quote

Kala

Hey Lyle
I forgot to call DC today to arrange this... I can be there with video & still camera's on monday.
Let me know the time & gate #.

Hopefully you either read this or check your e mail  >u

Kala
805-558-2473 cell
Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D