Chrysler may sell Viper division

Started by hemotox, August 28, 2008, 06:09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemotox

Copied this from the Wikipedia article on Dodge Vipers

"Production end
Major automotive media outlets have speculated the Viper will be discontinued after the 2011 model year[13] and that Chrysler will close Conner Avenue Assembly.[14] Though Chrysler had not yet officially commented on the issue, the 25,000th Viper is owned by Kurt Busch and the milestone was commemorated by Bob Nardelli, Chrysler LLC Chairman, in a ceremony at the Conner plant in March 2008.[15]

On 29th of December 2008 Dodge has pulled the plug on the Viper sports car, unless a buyer for that model can be found. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Viper

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

Kala

I've heard that Viper has already been sold, just not announced. Bought by an American company.

Orders are being taken for 09's again, even SSG ACR & Race Yellow >r

I've read the plant is due to open again 3/30...
Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

hemotox

Well that gives on cause to celebrate, with some concern about maintaining production standards, quality, parts etc.  What happens to our current warranties?

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

Kala

I recently bought a Max Care extended warranty for my 06...

I figured if it wasn't honored by the new owner then I'd just take it up with AMEX.
I got such a smokin deal on the warranty, it was kinda hard to say no  ^2
Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D