Special Viper only Run group offer with NASA July 13th

Started by ViperX, June 25, 2008, 01:55:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hey Kala,

Just send us a check for $150.00 made payable to So Cal Viper Club.

Dan

Kala

I'm taking my car to Dan C next Tuesday to have a check up.
It will stay there until Saturday, for Dyno Day.
Dan & I talked about doing a dyno before and after a computer flash to show the HP gain, that should be fun  >g

So should I include Dyno Day in the check? or pay at Dyno Day.
Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

ViperX

Hey Kala,

Na, just pay DC for the Dyno Day.  They kinda like handing us a check for the day.

Thanks,

Dan

Kala

K... You got it....

I'm stoked about going to Willow Springs  >:D >:D >:D
Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

PCH VIPER

Hey Kala,
I'm glad to see you are biting the bullet and coming out with us.   
When I think back to VOI9 and running the LV roval, it was certainly something I will never forget.  At the same time I realize how ill prepared I really was for something like that.  No tech inspection, minimal safety preparations done on my part and NO track worthy driving experience.   Yes it was fun, but had something gone wrong, the consequences could have been huge.

I have a lot of faith in Dan and have attended a few track events because of it.  He has a great ability to provide very useful insight that translates into a security blanket of sorts, and that has allowed me to overcome that "fear" of "track events".  I'm still very cautious (slow) on the track, but I'm finding my comfort zone that is safe.
OGO is another great source of knowledge and he has always taken the time to watch over me and critique my runs.  Learning from their experience has definitely made it a very positive lesson.

You won't be disappointed.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

OK,

Track guys and gals,

Your next assignment is to go to the Willow Springs website at:

www.willowspringsraceway.com/trackinformation/RoadCourseLg.htm

and print a copy of the track map.  Take a good look at the track and try to internalize its layout.  There will be a test on Sunday morning! (just kidding).  Bring this map with you to the event.  There are nine turns and we will refer to them by number when discussing the track.

During the first three laps of our first session, i.e. the lead / follow session, the plan is to run the track about 30 to 50% slower than we normally run it, depending on the turn.  For example, we will plan to run through turn 2 at about 60 mph during our lead / follow session.  All Vipers will be more than capable of running this turn at this speed without even breathing hard.  This will help you get familiar with the track and the way your car "feels".

FYI, Ben, Rev and I normally run through this turn at about 90+ mph when at speed.  We'll do the same thing at the following turns and stretch the Vipers legs a bit in the back and front straights.

In car instructors are available from NASA and I would like to know who wants one so that I can advise NASA.  I highly recommend an instructor for all first timers to this track.

Dan

racecars

>1

Here's the temps for Sat & Sun 12th & 13th @ Willow >v

ONLY 95' Holy Cow Batman >g that's COOL

See everyone Sat @ DC Performance  >u

OGO  O O O

ViperX

Hey  O ,

You're right as usual.

Looks like the weather gods are shining on us.

Dan

PCH VIPER

I'm planning on driving up early Sunday morning.

Do we know what time the track gates will open in the morning and what time they will start doing tech inspections?

There will be at least 4 of us cruising up and so I'll set up a meet point ( Roxford and the I-5 ) and meeting time.

Is this filled up yet or are we still trying to get more vipers?

Lance

racecars

>m

OGO KNOWS

7AM Gates open

OGO  O O O

ViperX

Hey Lance,

Check the NASA website for more info.

The driver's meeting usually starts at 7:45 AM sharp.

Tech is normally open before and after the driver's meeting.

Not sure when we run yet, likely 9:30 ish.

Don't have a final count yet but should be less than twenty so far.

I'll get with Ryan at NASA on Wednesday and try to get things firmed up.

Dan

PCH VIPER

Hey OGO,
Are you going to drive on the track with us?  I need more lessons on the finding the line and getting setup correctly for 3, 4 and 5.

LVGS

Hey Lance,

I asked OGO and he didnt confirm or deny. Maybe if he takes a nap first   >1

Noel

ViperX

I can answer for  O , he's probably napping right now.  He's not planning to drive and isn't a very good passenger (like me).

He will be our Crew Chief and help with track related details and advice.

Hopefully, folks will seek  O  out and listen, as he has lots of good info to share with our group.

Dan

Bad News

>g Finally got helmets!  Count Paul & Pam in for the track event on Sun. 7/12!!!
'01 Red RT10