VIPER DAYS at WILLOW SPRINGS - September 13 & 14

Started by admin, April 03, 2008, 12:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCal Rebell

Quote from: swisspower on September 10, 2008, 05:48:06 PM
Yes, I am from Zurich, the German part of Switzerland. Where is your fiancee from?
Looking forward to meet you at the track. I am the guy with the 2001 Saphire Blue ACR with silver stripes and license plate SWSPOWR.
Peter
AKA SWISSPOWER

She is from St. Moritz, her family is in Bern now, my family is from Wurtzburg, Germany.

catwood

Quote from: SoCal Rebell on September 10, 2008, 03:07:34 PM

The student speaks  >5

Carl, I really wish you'd come up for one day packing some Hoosiers or Goodyear slicks so I can humble you like Terry is gonna humble me  <D

In a 2008 ACR that wouldn't and shouldn't be hard to beat my almost stock 2000 GTS.  150+ HP and 150# of downforce.  That car ought to be running sub :24s.  Make it happen.  Get an :23 or better >3

ViperX

Hey Carl,

I'll be Ron would let you run a session if you came out.

I'd like to see someone run 23's or 24's in a new ACR.

I just ordered a 2009 ACR, should be here in Jan / Feb 09.

I'd like to know the potential of the car so that I can have a goal - not that I'd ever reach it!

Dan

SoCal Rebell

Quote from: ViperX on September 11, 2008, 09:03:22 AM
Hey Carl,

I'll be Ron would let you run a session if you came out.

I'd like to see someone run 23's or 24's in a new ACR.

I just ordered a 2009 ACR, should be here in Jan / Feb 09.

I'd like to know the potential of the car so that I can have a goal - not that I'd ever reach it!

Dan

I really wanna break 1:30 so I'll settle for a 1:29.99.

NOW, if I had Carl's slicks 24's wouldn't be out of the question  >k

catwood

I think the ACR on Cups is capable of a :24 or better.  I do not believe I could do it.  I think with a little time in an ACR I could be sub :30.  Keep in mind Ron will be driving Rocman's car.   I don't think he nor I would drive it to the same potential as if it were ours.  That being said, the temps will be somewhat better than the last time he was there however, the cups on that car are getting old.  They have the long commute from Woodhouse, and two or three track days....they are past their peak.  Even then I fully expect Ron to be sub :30...You all have fun, wish I was there.

caseyse

I really, really wanted to go to this, but sat at home all weekend with a bad cold  >o  I'll be driving up to NV later this month to go to Viper Days at Spring Mountain.

PCH VIPER

Sean,
We were all wondering / missing you this weekend.  Hope you are feeling better.
I'll have pictures up late tonight.

Catwood,
Michael Weinreb just got his ACR 2 weeks ago.  200 miles on it.  1:29    Not bad for his first time in the car.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

catwood

first time in the car and he runs a :29...hot damn!

That confirms with the right set up (alignment, cornerbalance) my belief :24s are in an ACR with Cup tires. 

Friggen economy >o

ViperX

Hey Carl,

This was generally a good weekend but the weather didn't cooperate - it got hotter than forecasted.  It was 100 F at the track on my trucks "outside" thermometer when I pulled out for home on Sunday at 5:50 PM - and Sunday was cooler than Saturday.

All in all, most of our guys seemed to have a good time.  The track was pretty open, so we all got a bunch of track time.  I picked up a new lap timer from Dave C and it worked great.  I didn't care much for the numbers it showed, but at least I could read them.  My best laps were 1:35, many 36s & 37s.  I did run these with passengers, so maybe I could have dropped another second or two.

I think my youngest son Drew was the highlight for me.  This was his first time out.  In only his fourth session he ran 1:43's in my GTS.

Mike Burgoyne aka REV also ran some 31's in his SRT-10 vert on Toyos, so he was haulin'.

Ron corded his left front tire and returned with two new fronts + old rears.  Not the best combination for the track.

Wish you could have made this.

See you soon,

Dan

PS  Would you be willing to instruct at our upcoming car control clinic at Fontana / Cal Speedway?

redtanrt10

Dan,

Great event, thanks for all the support and set up you and Cathy did for everyone.  I feel badly that I had to leave early sunday afternoonand couldn't help you take down all the stuff.  You guys always to a great job for the club!!!!!!!

Mike

catwood

Quote from: ViperX on September 15, 2008, 12:03:04 PM
Hey Carl,

PS  Would you be willing to instruct at our upcoming car control clinic at Fontana / Cal Speedway?

I've not driven cal speedway except the entire oval.  I'd be a little worried about being a decent instructor for any event there....Willow, I'd do in a heart beat.  Thanks for the vote of confidence but I'm not sure I'd be the best choice not knowing that tracks nuances.

Carl

Redsled

Quote from: catwood on September 15, 2008, 11:42:26 AM
first time in the car and he runs a :29...hot damn!

That confirms with the right set up (alignment, cornerbalance) my belief :24s are in an ACR with Cup tires. 

Friggen economy >o

Carl, don't drink the Kool Aid!  No way 5 more seconds can be shaved off.  Maybe 2-3 on a perfect day.

ViperX

Carl,

I'm talking about you instructing at our upcoming car control clinic - held in the parking lot.

Bob Blizzard will be our chief instructor.  Check the post for more info.

When it's all done, you and I and a few others can stay and play, then clean up.

Dan

PS  I tend to agree with Jonathan - maybe a few more seconds on a really good day - nothing more on cups.  Maybe another tick or two with Hoosiers.

PCH VIPER

I was going to check the lap times for the Red group...but didn't get a chance to do it.

Anyone know what kind of lap times they ran on Sat and Sun ?

PCH VIPER

For those who missed another GREAT event, here are some of the pictures I took in between sessions.
As always, the rest of the pictures are on my site  www.kouchicentral.com