Speed Ventures at Willow Springs January 26 & 27, 2008

Started by ViperX, December 13, 2007, 04:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vypr Phil

Kala,

In process of putting the deal together!

License plate will say:

ACR DVE

Phil
Vypr Phil    2005 SRT-10 Roadster - Sold

"If you are not living on the edge...you are taking up too much space"

ViperX

redtanrt10

Dan,  hope you and Cathy had a great holiday season.  I'm plannng on going the Saturday, unfortunatley on a flight to Houston that Sunday.  Did Santa get you a 2-3 cars trailer?? If so, can you take my car??  Got an new '08 hood, and new bumper (so I can do the stripes correctly).  Should be done next week.  Heading to Detroit next weekend so I can't go to B-willow.  See you on the 19th at PAG, or see you guys the night of the 26th @ Willow.  Mike

ViperX

Hey Mike,

I remeber those days ..... flying all over like a madman.  Glad you can make Saturday - turn out should be light with plenty of track time.

We'll be at Barrett Jackon on the 18, 19 & 20th.

See you at Willow Springs.

Dan

redtanrt10

Got registered today for Saturday.  Gald to hear it won't be too crowded. What's the name of the hotel again?  Have fun @ BJ
Mike

ViperX

This is where we usually stay when driving Willow Springs:

HOTEL INFORMATION

Best Western Antelope Valley Inn - WSRaceway rate $79 per night (other rates begin at $109)  Tell them you're driving WS to get this deal.
44055 Sierra Highway
Lancaster, CA 93534-4412
Phone: 661-948-4651 - tell them you're going to Willow Springs Raceway

Included in rate, raceway guests receive:
  Free buffet breakfast
  Two free happy-hour drinks

See you there.

Dan

Steven & Carol Borecki

Hi Dan and Cathy,  How many people are going to Willow Springs next weekend?  We will try and make it as we had fun the last time with you and Cathy. I won't be bringing the viper but love to watch and will bring my movie camera and stop watch if I come. <m <m <m ^5
Steven & Carol Borecki

PCH VIPER

Lance, Eddie and Noel will be driving out for the day to see how the Big Boy's play.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Steve and Carol,

Not sure who's coming yet.  Likely Mike Buckingham (above) will be there in his red w/ white SRTC will be there.  David Green (black SRT-10) may drive.  Rev (Mike Burgoyne - red SRT-10) is planning to come. 

A friend of mine with a highly modded Mustang Shelby GT 500 is planning to drive plus some others who arent' driving.

Let's hope for good weather.

See you there.

Dan  <2

Banzai Ben

I will probably go Saturday. Looks like about 35 cars.
Dan, what run group are you guys in?

Ben
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

Banzai Ben

I registered for Saturday in the black run group. Last I checked there were 52 cars signed up for Sat. but only 3 Vipers.
See you guys there.
Ben
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

ViperX

Hey Ben,

I think I'm in the Blue group.  I didn't want to be in the first group out - too cold at Willow in January, early AM.

Let's hope that the weather changes.  Looks like rain right now.  Rain and slicks don't go well together.

If it rains, I'll likely not run and try to get into the Nasa Event coming up in early Feb.

Dan  <2

redtanrt10

Dan,  is this event rain or shine?  This morning's weather continues to show rain/snow Mike

ViperX

Hey Mike, Ben, David, Steve, Eddie, Art and others that may be planning on attending.

Yes, the event is run rain of shine.

I cancelled Monday as I cannot see trying to drive in 40 degrees and rain with shaved tires or slicks.  Tires won't get warm and the track will be very slippery.  All in all it could make for a cold, wet, nasty day - never mind the potential for going off track.  I really wanted to run this one as Viper Days is coming and I need the practice.  Also, I am having Terry Rossi do a track alighnment on my GTS this week including corner weight, camber and toe adjustments. 

If you are running street tires, you could be OK, just be careful.

I did find another event held at WS on Feb 9 & 10 by NASA that I just signed up for.  This is the one that Manny, Jonathan, John Dearing and other Vipers race in - so we could watch them race.  They also have time trials and a HPDE driving sessions for us.  Pricing is very reasonalbe and instructors are available.  I posted it in the track section.

Let's hope for better weather in the future.

Dan

PS  For those of you going to Viper Days, you need to sign up now as the host hotel is getting low on rooms.