FIRESTORM 2007/ Mudslide 2008?

Started by Kala, October 22, 2007, 04:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

The fire continues on wrapping around us from one side to the other - again taken from our balcony, a shot east then west

admin

Took this shot from the "safe zone" while shuttling our the vehicles back home...

admin

Finally, another shot from the driveway toward the east where the fire rages on... But, we made it and we're SAFE!

Lawrenzo

Has anybody heard from Dan and Cathy yet?  Their house is in Footthill Ranch, right in the thick of things with the Santiago Canyon fire <7

PCH VIPER

WOW.....
The pictures are incredible and really add a new dimension to how scary it must have been.

Glad you guys are safe.....we'll keep crossing our fingers for all the other Viper members that may be affected.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

admin

Update on our members and this darn fire:

Paul Hawker believes that his home is OK - He now has to worry about his second home in Julian.

I spoke with Dave Cawthorne this morning - he will be checking out his house this afternoon (if he can get in)  He's crossing his fingers that it's still standing.

We're still waiting on news from Greg Killingsworth, but right now it seems that by some miracle, his house in Modjeska Canyon might have been saved.

Richard Palkovic has been evacuated but hears his house is still standing.

Green Mamba

Just got to the web sight. Glad to hear all is well. I'm in Lakeside and all is well but the smoke sucks, so I'm out of here!  See you all at hearst castle.

AlbertFattal

OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  PLEASE DON'T BURN ANY HOUSES! I remember back a few years when the fires scorched the hills near me, rained ash for a week!

ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE & BLOCKCHAIN
Science, Technology & Society
Computer Information Systems

https://AlbertFattal.com/

https://www.linkedin.com/in/albertfattal/

Texas_Venom

Wel I am really happy to hear everyone is ok. I have been watching it on the news up here and it looked horrible. We definitely do not ever have anything like this in Texas. We are getting the smoke from all of the fires but it isn't too bad. When you come up here it should be pretty nice... very hot and calm today but supposed to cool off tomorrow. So it should be back down in the upper 60s lower 70s for the run. I will be heading down tomorrow or Friday early to pick up my baby from DC Performance. He has her all back together and ready to go. Anyone have any idea what the traffic is like down there?

Again I am happy to hear everyone is doing well. Hopefully there isn't anyone who lost their home in the group. Take care and see you all on Saturday.

Thom

Kala

Quote from: Texas_Venom on October 24, 2007, 02:42:25 PM
Anyone have any idea what the traffic is like down there?

Traffic? There's no traffic, its all parking lots here now...  >1

I went down the 101 today, PCH was closed due to an accident, so the 101 got fairly backed up.
I have seen worse. Just leave a little earlier if you can.

See you Saturday...
Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

Bad News

Hey all;     
     We got three mandatory evacuation reverse 911 calls starting Monday in Fallbrook.
We are hold up in the Paul/Pam Winters hotel in Vista.  We snuck back in Monday night and grabbed the Vipers and the cat.  We tried to go back today and all major and back roads were heavily blocked with police.  North Fallbrook is still threatened but the Rice fire which already burned numerous residences on the east side is mostly contained from Gird road to the east.  We are a couple miles west of Gird Rd. The saving grace is one of our neighbors stayed in his residence and says we are still OK as of today. 
We are hoping to get back in over the next couple days.  If we can, we still plan to go to Heart Castle. 
That's all folks.   
   raceyellowrichard
'01 Red RT10

ViperX

Well, while the fire was a bit more threatening, the smoke and ash really sucks.....and it doesn't seem to get much better anywhere in the OC area. 

How's the air / smoke in San Diego?  LA?

I'll bet the air is better up in Northern Cal and it should be good at Hearst Castle!

In any case, we should all likely change or clean the air filters in our cars soon after the air clears.

Dan

PCH VIPER

Hey Dan,
You are right on the air filters.
Last night I pulled the filters on mine.  The run on Sunday through all the dust and sand really clogged up my air filters. 

I also pulled HANDFULS of leaves, styrafoam, paper and ROCKS from the radiator area.

See you on Sat.

Lance
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Bad News

What's important to Viper owners?  The Viper, of course!  First thing "rescued and stored" from Richard's garage and into Paul's garage. 
'01 Red RT10

Bad News

You don't see Vipers carrying around this much dirt too often!
'01 Red RT10