Sept 16th - Visit to CAMP PENDLETON

Started by admin, August 15, 2007, 12:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Quote from: administrator on August 15, 2007, 12:01:18 PM

LUNCH FIRST?PLEASE R.S.V.P. [This is very close to the Camp Pendleton Entrance]

Great location, great food, plenty of parking, have a meal with friends...For those interested, we'll be meeting at OC Tavern in San Clemente for lunch prior to our visit to Camp Pendleton.  The whole group will then meet at Carl's Jr. so that we can drive into the base together.

For lunch at OC Tavern:   Arrive 12:30 – 1 PM   Depart 2:15 PM
   2369 South El Camino Real, San Clemente – 949 542 8877

Caravan meet point at Carl's Jr.:   Arrive 2:30 PM   Depart 2:45 PM
   3929 S El Camino Real, San Clemente, CA 92672

Camp Pendleton   Arrive 3 PM   Depart 6 PM
   SOI – School of Infantry Parade Deck

Art, Do you also want to meet for lunch with the group?

NK BREKR

I'm going to bypass lunch, since I'm coming from L.A. I'll be at the mercy of traffic.  I'll get a quick bite at Carl's Jr.  Thanks for looking out for me and my stomach <1

PCH VIPER

Hey Dan & Cathy,

Unfortunately, I will be skipping lunch as well.

I'll meet up with everyone at Carl's.

Aside from our Vipers and support,  is there anything else we could bring/donate for these guys?

Lance
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Cathy and I visited the base today and the white Viper coupe received a lot of attention.  We went over to the Wounded Warrior Center and met some of the guys.  We spent some time looking over the center and talking cars with the guys.

I think the biggest thing that we could give these guys (that's in our budget) is a ride in our cars.  We will be trying to get a group of 12 or so Vipers to pick up wounded / recovering Marines from the Wounded Warrior Center and drive them over to the car show that will be held at the School of Infantry on the Parade Deck.  This is about a thirty minute ride and we'll need some volunteers.

We thought about T-shirts, hats, etc. but after visiting these guys today, they all wanted to sit in the Viper, hear it run and most of all get a ride in it.  They wanted to drive it too, but you have to draw the line somewhere.

The Captain in charge said that we might have between 300 and 500 Marines at the this show but as many as 2,000 could pass through, so we really can't afford to give every one of them something at this time.  Maybe next time.....

Dan ^3

racecars

Oh Great One can drive <2 <2 <2

Boss Lady's not coming >1 so I can take someone >7

>2 >2

Oh did I here lunch >8 >8 >8

Oh Great One  ^9 ^9 ^9 has spoken ^8

PCH VIPER

I will also be single for the day   >2  and volunteer to transport a female Marine to the parade site
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Nino Valmassoi

Dan and Cathy,

Nino and Ruth will be there for lunch.

Neat "smiley faces" selection.  ^3

Nino

Vypr Phil

Quote from: PCH VIPER on August 24, 2007, 09:05:59 PM
I will also be single for the day   >2  and volunteer to transport a female Marine to the parade site

Hey Lance,

Be careful what you wish for!

She could be a female...Drill Seargent

Phil  :)
Vypr Phil    2005 SRT-10 Roadster - Sold

"If you are not living on the edge...you are taking up too much space"

NK BREKR

Quote from: Vypr Phil on August 27, 2007, 08:55:58 AM
Hey Lance,

Be careful what you wish for!

She could be a female...Drill Seargent

Phil  :)

Go faster you maggots! ;D  You have to love the boot camp scenes from Full Metal Jacket.

Cathy and Dan,

I'm reporting for Driving Duty.

admin

<6  Please keep an eye on the first post - it will be kept up to date with attendees: Base / Lunch / Drivers

AlbertFattal

I would be infatuated to be apart of this event, please count me in! I passed Camp Pendleton yesterday on my way to SD and saw 2 f16's flying tandem, amphibious machines in play, as well as a few tanks cruising down the dirt roads off the 5! Also saw what seemed to be an Cobra Helicopter landing :o

ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE & BLOCKCHAIN
Science, Technology & Society
Computer Information Systems

https://AlbertFattal.com/

https://www.linkedin.com/in/albertfattal/

ViperX

We saw an Osprey hovering last Friday.

The base newspaper will be covering this event and they have arranged for a couple of helicopters to fly over and take photos.

This is one big base.

Dan

Fast Eddie

Hey Dan count me in. No lunch I'll meet up at Carl's.

Thanks.

black beauty

Dave & Lisa are RSVPing for lunch also! ^1

NK BREKR

Lance and Eddie,

Since you're both skipping lunch, you guys want to caravan? <2