Viper Track Day at Willow Springs with TCRA, Sept 22 & 23, 2007

Started by ViperX, May 31, 2007, 05:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

racecars

>2

Oh Great One will be there >1 Made res today >8 will have a few Viper parts <2 <2

racecars

ViperX

Yep,

Car in trailer, goodies packes, leaving shorty.  Stopping by DC to pick up a "hood holder" for the new race hood.

Rain very doubtful at Rosamond - bringing street tires just in case.

Anxious to try suspension with enhancements / adjustments.

We'll be in the garage on the far east end.

Staying at Best Western on Sierra Highway in Lancaster.

See you there.

Dan <2

PS  At least it wont' be too hot!

ViperX

Yes, it rained a bit on Saturday.  I still got one good test and tune session in and it wasn't hot!!!  The track was a bit cool too as I couldn't get my tire temps above 130F.

Sunday weather was about as good as it gets at Willow (IMHO).  75 degrees, warm in the sun, a light breeze, few cars on track and the car ran really well. 

My driving was a bit rusty but I did get the car pretty well sorted our.  I made a bunch of changes (improvements?) to the car during the summer.  The new Quaife diff, the new oil catch can, new underdrive pulleys, new water pump, new shock settings, new lower shock cannister gas pressures, new anti-toe brackets, new brake pad combination, new hood, new sway bars, whew!, no wonder the car felt different.  The good news is that everything worked as it should, the car was faster and handled better.

We had 5 Vipers come out - hopefully more next time.

Dan <2

EXHLR8N

Hey Dan,

Did you do all these mods to the new coupe?  If so, I would love to learn more about each mod and what you experienced.  Sounds like you had a great day on Sunday!
The Best Things in Life are Dangerous

Banzai Ben

Hey Dan,

Sorry I wasn't able to make it. Had too many kid things going on, not enough free time for the track.
Glad you had a good time and that you got your car dialed in. See you at the next track event.

Ben
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

ViperX

Hey Ben,

I'm going to try and run with the Alfa Romeo Group in October and then again with the Pantera / Ferarri Group in November.

Hopefully, you can make one of these.

Dan

RayMcIntyre

Hi Dan,

Glad to hear the car ran well, I did not realize you had made so many mods to your car.
Did people run in the rain or wait it out?  In street tires could still be fun...
What tire temps did you get on Sunday?

Ray