Oct 27-29 - VCA Member's Only HEARST CASTLE Run

Started by admin, April 30, 2007, 10:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas_Venom

Hey I just got back from Texas and it was nice. 7 days of fishing and drinking beer. What more could you ask for? And I got my Viper fix because dad was generous enough to let me take his out for a bit. It convinced me to go ahead and get the Corsa installed while it is at DC. Hopefully I will have it back for the run. Solvang is 15 minutes away so I will meet you all there for lunch. Looking forward to seeing everyone again... as always.

Thom

ViperX

Hey Thom,

It looked to me like you should have your car back in time.  Apparently a couple of valve seats failed.  Likely due to overheating in a previous like.

Good luck,

Dan

PS  You'll like the Corsa Track

Texas_Venom

Yeah when I started dad's up and it shook the house, I knew it was for me. I always wanted to wake my neighbors up when I leave in the mornings. Well happy to hear it should be back. This has been one really tough experience. Its almost like I have lost a member of the family.

ViperX

I can honestly say that I know how you feel .....

One of the reasons I bought a second (and then third) Viper was so that I would never be Viper-less.  My 04 SRT-10 spent 6 months in a local shop having work done that should have taken 6 weeks, max.  This created withdrawls.   <7

Hang in there,

Dan ^2

Texas_Venom

Well if you find yourself with too many Vipers, let me know. I will make sure to keep it from rusting up on you. The Air Force doesnt really pay enough for A Viper much less two. I am working on resolving that now though. Brent Kern and myself are going into the ClearMask business. Maybe one of these days I will be able to buy the new Snakeskin Green Viper... >2

AWSSSSM

<9

Joyce and I are looking forward to this trip.  We've not been to Hearst Castle in many years.

See ya' on the 27th,

Rick   ^1

Texas_Venom

>2

I just got back from picking up my car at DC Performance and I am very happy with it. They did an outstanding job taking care of me and even helping me out with a few other little issues I had.  The car runs great and sounds fantastic with the new Corsa installed. I couldnt be happier... and the wait was well worth it.

I am really looking forward to this run. I will be out detailing the car all day tomorrow so that she looks nice and clean. If anyone needs a little help getting the ash off of theirs, let me know. See you all on Saturday.

Thom

PCH VIPER

Hey Thom,
Glad to hear you got her back in time and everythng turned out great.   
I am soooo looking forward to this run!
See you Sat..     Who you bringing?

Lance
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Texas_Venom

Believe it or not, no one. I just havent run into anyone up here I want to take. So I will leave the seat open... which might be better since I couldnt hear them now with that new exhaust. I love it!!!  ^5 ^5 ^5

Radical Guy

Hey Thom.  Good to hear you got your baby back!  I was just at DC performance yesterday for an oil change and tech. inspection, and saw your paperwork.  New cylinder heads, valve job, lifters, etc..  A lot of work done.  I also enjoy waking up the neighbors in the morning! ;D

Brent
2004 SRT-10

hemotox

Guess no one has an  internet connection so we can see how the Hearst Castle Crusie is going.  Eagle Band Concert last PM at the NOKIA Center ROCKED!!!  Sorry I missed the Paso Robles events, but the Eagles made up for any loss!

>3

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

Kala

Hey Eric
Its been a great cruise! There was rain on Saturday. Sunday was clear and beautiful.
Dinner last night was a lot of fun. I'm sure lots of photos will be uploaded soon.

Too bad you weren't here... Thor gave me a message for you ^8
Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

hemotox

Lance-a-lotta-Viper?  No PCH VIPER images from last weekend???  I don't believe it!   ^3

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

PCH VIPER

This event was a complete flop!!   

Whoever came up with the idea should be thrown out of the club.

I mean come on....61 Vipers from CA, NV and AZ staying at the beautiful Cliffs Resort, beautiful clears skies (on Sunday), Hearst Castle.......Blah Blah Blah Blah blah......................

I took over 300 pictures to prove my point.
I'll get them posted after I've had time to wipe the stupid smile off my face!

Lance   
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Hey Lance,

I still get that silly grin too.....

Dan