Main Menu

April 18th - ACRA at WSIR

Started by admin, March 21, 2007, 08:25:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

catwood

sounds good.  As of now I'm looking for a lap timer to borrow.

ViperX

I don't know much about how this thing works, but if you run advanced and I run intermediate, you could likely use mine at least a couple of times - not sure how the timing of these sessions will be.  The P Box as it is called plugs into the cig lighter and sticks onto the windshield, so it's easy to mount.

Dan 8)

catwood

I bought this.

http://www.g2xtreme.com/hardware/dash.htm

I don't think I'll have data at the track, maybe if I can get a card reader.

If not, we can compare data later or you can use your's in my car for a session.  Might be an interesting comparison.

Carl

ViperX

That looks cool.  I'll be bringing a lap top with a card reader, so if you can get a data card (maybe it comes with it?) and bring your software, we might be able to look at data.

Yes, I'd like to see just where you are going faster than I am and how fast you are actually going.  G-forces would be interesting to compare as well.

Dan

catwood

cool.  I also have my laptop.

PCH VIPER

So how was the track day?
I hope everyone had a safe and fun day.

Who had the fast times ?
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Hey Lance,

Greg K, Carl and I were the only Vipers there.  We all came home with the "shiny side up."

Greg brought his son Todd who ran in a race prepared Toyota MR2 for the first time.  He had a blast.  Greg did really well too and seemed to have fun. 

Carl ran in the red (fast) group with Hoosiers and was right around 1:35 - 1:37 all day long.  He looked very smooth.

I ran in the blue (intermediate) group and passed everyone in my group at least once, lapping some cars - this was fun.  Not sure of my times as I couldn't seem to get my new timer to work.  A guess would put me at 1:39 - 1:42 based upon my last event there.  After speaking to Carl about gears, speeds, line, etc. I was getting to 140 mph down the front straight and entering turn 8 at about 120 mph.  Still lots of improvement needed.

I ran 5, 30 minute sessions.  It's now time for some new rubber. 

Would have been nice to have a few more Vipers present.

Dan 8)

RayMcIntyre

Dan,

Yes, I would consider Willow Springs or Buttonwillow for an event before it gets too hot.
However, I am still waiting for a new rear end for my car, they are still on national back order.

I am takin the movie in LA, so no 3 months out of the country, so hopefully something will fit into my schedule.

ray

ViperX

Hey Ray,

Glad to hear you'll be around.

Rumor has it that the diffs are becoming available very shortly.  Call Dan at DC for details.

The Cobra club has an event at Willow Springs on May 12 & 13. 

The TCRA has an event at Willow on May26 & 27.  I'll contact both of them and get the details.

OTR has a Wednesday event on May 9 at WS.  Mid week is a lot less crowded but time off can be a challenge.

Let me know if any of these dates work for you.

Dan 8)

catwood

Had a pretty good time even in the wind.  Took a couple of extra days off and went to a resort with the wife.

I downloaded a lot of intgeresting data from the G2x.  I peaked at 144 down the straight but went alot slower around turn one than I thought.  Peaked up into the low 130 going into 8.  The tail wind must have helped ;)

I missed the data on the first session.  I saw a 134.9x on the timer.  The next session was 35s and 36s.  Chased the tires all day...they are shot.

Dan...let me know what you find on the other days at Willow.  I may try to go May 9th.

ViperX

Hey Carl,

Yes, turn one is a weak (slow) point for me too.  Hard for me mentally (not the car) to come down from 140 ish and then make a 90 degree left.  Not sure of my speed through that turn as I'm kinda busy during that time.  I'd guess 70 ish which I know is slow.  What was your time entering turn 1?

I finally got my GPS based timer working - ran some laps around the neighborhood.  Looking forward to another event in May.

Are you actually going 130 around turn 8 or getting to 130 and then braking before turning in at turn 8.  That turn eight was a bit bumpy for me at speed.  Perhaps I was too close to the inside edge of the track.

There is also a Mopar event on May 10 at WS.  Not too many cars and likely slower cars too.

Let me know if you can make one or more of these.

Dan

catwood

I think I'm going to go the 9th.  Robert Wilson, you know him from the Nevada Open road deal, is moving to Tx and this will be his last event in SoCal. 

Yes...The fastest I saw was 132.xx going into 8.  I scrub off some speed around the corner.  I'll have to look again to see how much.  I was a bit surprised at that.  Manny's over 150 there with downforce.

Carl