Main Menu

Questions on Viper Days

Started by PCH VIPER, January 17, 2007, 08:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCH VIPER

This will be my first time to Viper Days.  I've been reading and trying to learn as much as possible to prepare for the event.

What I can't seem to find is a checklist of sorts for what will be required to participate. 
Obviously personal safety equipment such as a rated helmet, close toed shoes, cotton long sleeves and long pants.    ( I know.....Attend the Sube Sports safety clinic this Sat to learn more....)   

How about car requirements?   Safety harnesses, optional or required??  Fire Extinguisher ??  Etc, etc.   

I have a new set of 18" Pilot Sport 2's going on, so rubber shouldn't be a concern.

What brake pads should I be running??    Dave C. ??

Any special setup on the suspension required ?   ( I know that there is a lot to be gained from "proper balance" and alignment....but is it necessary for us beginners?)

I don't want to show up ill prepared and have to spend time up there scrambling to meet the "Minimum Requirements"
I know that there are a bunch of us Green Newbies going and figured we could all use some tips from the experienced members.

Thanks,
Lance
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

EXHLR8N

Hi Phil,

Bruce here.

Go to the Viper Days website and click on FAQ's.  That will tell you all the minimum's that you must have to run.  For the first time, I wouldn't do anything that you don't have to do.

At a minimum, they will want you to have a helmet (Sube's carries ... I got mine from Simpson in Long Beach), a fire extinguisher (there is an easy mount to the front of the passenger seat, long sleave cotton shirt, long pants, etc.

I have a roll bar in my SRT, but I believe they will rent you a snap on hard top at the track.

They daughter of the owner, Courtney, is very nice.  Just call her up or send her an email.  They are very user friendly.

This will be my 4th time at a track and my second Viper Days (first at Buttonwillow).  Make sure you ask to have an instructor work with you.

I know that Lance is going.  Dan and Cathy.  And I am sure a host of others.  This is a lot of fun and you don't have to go fast or do anything crazy.

A very well run program.

See you there.
The Best Things in Life are Dangerous

racecars

Hey Lance,

Well, can't resist this one 8) bring lots of underwear ::) ;D ??? for when you scare that crap  out of yourself ;D ;D ::)

Your Red Ceramic's will be just fine, it's what I use. You need a firebottle mounted pass seat side(I loan you mine, 5 min fix) long cotton shirt, levi's are also great,helmet, leave hub caps off your wheels, also air caps, torque wrench, did I say lots of underwear ::),some of that blue painters tape (home depot)window cleaner for the bugs, this will be a good starter.
5point shoulder harness would be nice, call me.

Yo Prez 8)
SD Vipers
Big Brake Dave

PCH VIPER

I guess I'm as prepared as can be expected.
I already have the Fire extinguisher,  6 point harnesses, helmet.... I have to wear underwear??!!!?? :o  :o   I know...TMI.... Too Much Information  ;D

I even talked to my Ins. Agent and got the green light from them as well.

Lance
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures