Feb 2nd - Test & Tune, Buttonwillow

Started by racecars, January 03, 2007, 12:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

racecars

8)
Mr Prez  8)

I'm planning on doing Friday Test & Tune, I'll be trying out my new PS 2's from the Parts Rack(Jon B) and testing out my new rear gears (3.33's) also from the Parts Rack 8)

Just gotta love "Old Grumpie" (Jon B  ;D) @ the Parts Rack :o

I already have my room @ the Goodnight Inn(closer to the Track) for both FEb & Mar Test & Tunes ;D

Big Brake Dave ;D

admin

Here are the details for the Feb 2, 2007 Test and Tune day at Buttonwillow prior to the Viper Days Event being held that Saturday and Sunday:

1.    Track fees are $200 for the full day, $110 for the half day – payable at the track.
2.    Track opens at 7:00 AM. 
3.    There is usually a $10.00 track access fee for the weekend.
4.    Mandatory drivers meeting at 8:30 AM.
5.    Track hot at 9:00 AM.
6.    Normally, there are several run groups based upon driver's experience level, i.e.,
       beginners, intermediate, advanced and race but they didn't break this down for me.
7.    Minimum requirements for street cars are helmet and seat belts. 
       Viper Days minimum also includes a long sleeve cotton shirt and cotton pants with closed shoes. 
       I recommend full driving suit, gloves, shoes and Nomex undergarments along with your Snell 2000 or 2005 helmet,
       5 or 6 points, fire extinguisher and roll bar.
8.    Race cars must be race prepared.
9.    We are working on getting a garage for our group but have not been able to confirm one yet.  They have not assigned any to date.
10.  The hotel will be the same "host" hotel as for the Viper Days event:
          Four Points by Sheraton Bakersfield
          VIPER DAYS GROUP RATE $84.00
          1-800-325-3535
          5101 California Avenue · Bakersfield, California 93309
          Phone: (661) 325-9700
          It is highly recommended that you make reservations ASAP, as they have been known to book up.

Hotel Link:
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/fourpoints/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=822

I did this last year and had a blast.  There is no timing equipment and the run groups are very loosely organized so that you can get tons of track time.  This is a practice day, so you can work on the corners that you are having trouble with.  Also, there is no racing or competition of any type.  If you ask, some of the more experienced guys may ride with you or allow you to do a lead / follow if you'd like.  I had Bob Blizzard, chief Viper Days instructor, ride with me during one session last year and he was very helpful.

The following day when you get into your run group at Viper Days, you will be sooooo far ahead of the other guys that haven't been on the track since last year that you'll have a bunch more fun.

If any of you are interested in this event, please let us know ASAP.  If you know of any other Viper owners who are interested, have them contact me. If there's enough interest, we'll also set up a dinner location for Thursday night.

Thanks, Dan

PCH VIPER

Thanks for the info Dan.
I made my reservations tonight over the phone and got the special rate.  I couldn't figure out how to get the special rate online.

Do we sign up for Viper Days direct through the website?

Lance
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

admin

For Viper Days, you can do it directly through their website:  Here's the link: http://www.viperdays.com/register_for_event.htm.

If you have any trouble, contact Courtney (847) 594-8477

For Test & Tune, you'll register upon arrival at the track.

racecars

I'll be coming up early Friday morning ??? have to do Boss Lady stuff on Thurs :-X

I'm feeling the Need For Speed 8)

Dave(Oh Great One ) ::)

PCH VIPER

Yo Oh Great One,
Bruce and I will be leaving early on Friday morning as well.  That means SUPER EARLY for you if you want to cruise up with us.  I'll let you know what time we are planning on leaving.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Kala

Dai and I plan to go! Only the Test & Tune...  not viper Days...

Someone needs to be there for the Poser class   :-*

We got the 84.00 rate at the Sheraton for Thursday night  8)
Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D

admin

Hi Kala,

Just tell the Sheraton your with the Viper Days group - you shouldn't have any problems.

Cathy

Kala

Corsa Track exhaust, Lightweight Flywheel, Green Filters, EBC Red Pads, AB's 1200 degree wires (Blue) SVS Shifter, MGW Gripper shift knob, Color Matched Console, MGW trim rings, Racelogic & Dave's Underdrive Pulley going on soon :D