Main Menu

Sad news

Started by PCH VIPER, January 03, 2020, 10:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCH VIPER

It is with great sadness that I share some very sad news............

One of our greatest leaders, past Club President and friend, Dan Everts has passed away.   I do not have a lot of details and PLEASE respect Cathy and family's request for privacy in this extremely difficult time. 

Dan was always a pillar of strength and they kept his battle with cancer extremely quiet and private.   

Cathy gave me the ok to share his passing with the Viper family which he was such a huge part of for so many years, but understandably is asking for a period of mourning before reaching out to her.

Dan was a great mentor for me and I learned so many great life lessons from him. It was a near impossible task filling his shoes and taking over something that he gave his heart and soul for.  The So Cal Viper Club was blessed to have him as our leader for so many years and his love and passion for the Viper family continues to live on because of his efforts.

Please post your condolences, stories, and prayers here and I will pass the thread on to the family.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Vinamus

Wow, that is so hard to believe, in so much as Dad was such a pillar of strength. Obviously we haven't seen Dan and Cathy in quite some time, so we wouldn't have known of his deteriorating condition. It just so happens that Melissa and I went to Big Bear today and we went by a restaurant that that Melissa reminded me that we had shared a great meal and wonderful conversation with Dan and Cathy at. Go figure months and months go by and not a mention of them, and on the day of his passing we are reminded of the good friends they both have been.
R.I.P. are good friend (Maverick) Dad
Cathy, our thoughts and prayers are with you and the boys.
Love ya lots,
Gary & Melissa
Gary & Melissa

HISSSN1

We are shocked, this is very sad news. Dan was a great leader and inspirational man to be around. Michelle and I had many great times with Dan and Cathy. One of the best was in Detroit at VOI 10 2008, on the river boat cruise, us 4 were out on the bow and talked for over a hour where we learned they lived in Michigan for a few years, both Dan and Cathy were planting the seed for me to run as president. Dan loved the track and was a great driver and coach,Cathy loved being there with her golf cart and dog to watch us all, I miss those great days. Cathy and family our thoughts and prayers are with you all. We will keep the great memories we all shared alive and kicking.
Sending our love,prayers and thoughts,
Eddie and Michelle

2009 ACR VENOM B
2010 ACR-X Chassis #15
2015 HELLCAT CHARGER
2017 ACR E 1 of 1 Viper Detroit Battleship Gray
2019 Hellcat Redeye

anthony

my heart is heavy and very sad.  Dan was a giant kid at heart.  I wore my sidewinders hat in honor of him today.  I'd like to suggest those who have them from in the day to wear them this weekend to remember Dan.  Anthony.

redtanrt10

So sad to hear the news from Lance!

Dan was a really great guy and instrumental in getting me back to tracking my viper in '06.  Lot's of help support and knowledge.

He and Cathy were such great assets to our Club.  Each working tirelessly for many years.

Like Gary mentioned, I too hadn't seen him in a few years, last time say 3 years ago at the Michael Von Q Memorial at Spring Mountain.  In hindsight I wish I would have spoken to him more that day as well as found the time to visit them in the Dallas area.  This is a reminder to appreciate all your friends and keep in better communication.

Diann was able to speak to Cathy over the weekend and add our condolences.  I can't image how hard it was for her with Dan ill and now with his passing.  Our prayers are to the both of them.

Anthony, I need to keep that Sidewinders hat in the van and think of Dan every time I'm at the track.  He helped me so much!!!

Mike & Diann Buckingham

HyperViper

Very Sad news.

Even though we were not friends who talked a lot, I've thought about Dan and Cathy quite a bit over the years wondering how they were doing in Texas. Never did like the divorce between the 2 clubs and the loss of having Dan and Cathy around.

Dan RIP, you never did get me on the track  ;D
Ron & Nora ..San Diego...08 Vert..Black w/ White Stripes

HISSSN1

Hi all I spoke with Cathy on Friday she is healing through her tough time. She has parts and Dan's 2004 SRT for sale. Cathy is ready to talk to anyone that would like to reach out to her.

Cathy Everts
Rockwall, Texas

Cell: 949 533 6001
2009 ACR VENOM B
2010 ACR-X Chassis #15
2015 HELLCAT CHARGER
2017 ACR E 1 of 1 Viper Detroit Battleship Gray
2019 Hellcat Redeye

redtanrt10

thanks Eddie for the update.  I'll try and cal here this week.  Mike