March 9-10 2019 West Coast Racing

Started by PCH VIPER, January 04, 2019, 09:45:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCH VIPER

West Coast Racing
March 9 - 10, 2019

We will be heading out for our favorite track event at Willow Springs International Raceway.
They run a great event that is very relaxed and fun. 
4 different run groups from beginners to advanced race.
Instructors and classroom sessions are available and it is a great place to go out and learn.

Hotel:   Hampton Inn and Suites Lancaster    661-940-9194    Tell them you are with West Coast Racing and the standard room rate will be $109.00/night plus the taxes and fees.

WHAT:
- West Coast Racing - Willow Springs

WHEN:
-March 9 - 10, 2019

WHERE:
-  Willow Springs International Raceway
3500 75th Street West
Rosamond, CA 93560

Attending:

Scott
Ben
Lance
Mike  B
Randy T
Eddie R
Randy B
Carl
Tom
Jay
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Jay M

I just signed up.  I'm looking forward to it!
~Jay
2004 Convertible, Red, custom tan interior

Atari_Prime

When going to race track events, do most trailer the car or drive it there?  What is the normal plan for breakdowns and accidents?

PCH VIPER

It is a split between guys that trailer and guys that drive in.
The guys that trailer in do so either because they are running full race slicks or have cars that are track only and not street legal.

For years many of us would just drive out on our street tires and drive the event and then drive home.
While there is always the possibility of having a breakdown, it can almost always be avoided by having the car tech inspected weeks BEFORE the event.

Dan Cragin at Specialty Performance Team is the best at this.  He will go through a very intensive checklist that has been developed from years of experience and knowing what thing to look for and correct before going out on the track.

Driving within your own ability will virtually eliminate the risk of going off the track and running the risk of damage.

In the very unfortunate scenario of having a breakdown or incident, AAA towing is you best friend.

West Coast Racing's event is a very relaxed and fun event to go to and have fun.  We always have a great showing of the Viper guys there and we all work together to make sure everyone is having fun and address any issues that may arise.

Atari_Prime

Thank you for that insight. 

I would be driving my car up then.  And if I break it, off to Dan's it goes.

One more question.  Do most go to the track the day of or go up the night before?  If the latter, where do we stay?
Thank You,
Atari

PCH VIPER

The guys that trailer usually go out on Friday to off load.  The guys that drive out usually just drive out early on Sat.  Choice is yours.
We usually stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Lancaster:
2300 W Double Play Way, Lancaster, CA 93536

We usually go out to dinner on Saturday night together.

Speedtactics

The weather should be great. I hope we can get a strong showing of Vipers out to the track.
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

HISSSN1

Eddie and Dylan are in red and yellow run groups. Thank you Scott. It is always a great weekend so everyone please sign up and let's pack this place with VIPERS.
2009 ACR VENOM B
2010 ACR-X Chassis #15
2015 HELLCAT CHARGER
2017 ACR E 1 of 1 Viper Detroit Battleship Gray
2019 Hellcat Redeye

catwood

Quote from: PCH VIPER on January 24, 2019, 12:07:33 PM
The guys that trailer usually go out on Friday to off load.  The guys that drive out usually just drive out early on Sat.  Choice is yours.
We usually stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Lancaster:
2300 W Double Play Way, Lancaster, CA 93536

We usually go out to dinner on Saturday night together.

I go friday and stay at the track.    I never knew you all went to dinner together........huh.    It's ok, dinner and drinks at the track are much better.

Speedtactics

I just would like to say thank you to the Viper family! I appreciate your support for this event and it was great to see all my friends there and meet some new members ;D
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

PCH VIPER

Congratulations to Scott and Laura on taking over West Coast Racing
You guys will ensure that we will continue to have a safe playground for the Vipers to have fun at for years to come and we wish you nothing but continued success !!!

We had great weather for both Saturday and Sunday and so many great cars came out.

Can't wait for October's event !!!!!

More pictures are posted on my website www.kouchicentral.com