Sad News

Started by Steph, August 25, 2017, 05:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steph

It is with a sad and heavy heart that I share the untimely passing of one of our Viper brothers, John Smart, who was killed in a tragic accident August 17, 2017.

John & his wife Teresa, lived in Oklahoma much of the year, but enjoyed a second residence here in SoCal.  Although they were active members of the OK Viper Club, they were also associate members of our Club for the past three years.

John was a kind, warm-hearted person who was always gracious to everyone he met.  Those who knew him felt like they had been friends for years.  John was always interested in knowing about you and how you were doing.  He had a wonderful sense of humor and was fun to be around.  John was also an extremely generous man and philanthropist who quietly and humbly helped many people.  He was truly one of the good guys!

As you can imagine, Teresa is devastated.  When I spoke with her on Monday she told me "There are no words to express the depth of my sadness but I am so blessed by the incredible love and support of friends and family.  Hugs and kisses to all our Viper friends."  John & Teresa would have celebrated their 35th anniversary this week.

Glenn & I feel blessed to have been close friends with this wonderful man and I know the memory of his unforgettable, one-of-a-kind personality will live on in us forever.  Please keep Teresa and their family in your prayers, they have lost someone truly special. 
Steph

1HOTV10 - 2014 Stryker Green GTS
2010 VoooDoo ACR # 1 of 31 - SOLD
2008 Venom Red w/Black Stripes SRT10 Coupe - SOLD
2004 Silver SRT10 Vert - SOLD

SSSSE YA

Sorry to read this sad news. Cathy and I are give our thoughts and prayers to the Smart family during this time. May John RIP.

PCH VIPER

Soooo very sad to hear this.   Many great memories with John and Teresa.  He was a very generous and kind and you couldn't help but like him.

He will truly be missed.

Thanks for posting this Stephanie.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

viperCFP

Damn.  Super nice, funny, confident guy that was always smiling, and just a joy to be around.  Met him and Teresa for the first time in Detroit.  Thinking of Teresa and their family in this tough time. 
Michael
Instagram: @viperCFP
'96 GTS (2nd caretaker)