97 rims and tires value??

Started by maddog2424, December 13, 2015, 12:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog2424

Assuming i didn't get scammed, i have a nice set of gen 2 acr BBS rims on the way, and i figure i should probably sell my stock 97 rims with essentially new tires (maybe 1 year old, and low miles). 

Anyone have any idea how much i should be looking to get for these?  The 97 rims are in okay condition, but definitely aren't perfect. 

Dan
Dan

1997 B/W Viper GTS

Mr. Fangs

Not sure on the price, but before you sell your originals check out just hard it is to clean all those nooks and crannies on the beautiful and strong BBS.

97 stock wheels were stronger than the ones on the 96 (forged instead of cast) that were prone to cracking if used at the track with sticky tires. Someone who wants to track their 96 might want to switch over to yours if they track their cars.

Paul & Teresa 09 Coupe

maddog2424

I am definitely going to have to figure out how to keep them clean....not looking forward to it. 
Dan

1997 B/W Viper GTS

viperCFP

Not all '97 rims are forged.  They switched around 1/3rd of the year or so into the 1997 production run.  You'll know by checking behind your spokes and looking for the weld bead if you have the cast wheels.

For easier maintenance on the BBS wheels, apply Ceramic Pro.  Or just leave them dirty, because race car...

Quote from: Mr. Fangs on December 14, 2015, 04:48:49 PM
Not sure on the price, but before you sell your originals check out just hard it is to clean all those nooks and crannies on the beautiful and strong BBS.

97 stock wheels were stronger than the ones on the 96 (forged instead of cast) that were prone to cracking if used at the track with sticky tires. Someone who wants to track their 96 might want to switch over to yours if they track their cars.
Michael
Instagram: @viperCFP
'96 GTS (2nd caretaker)