VIPER TRACKS II February 20-21, 2016 Chuckwalla Raceway

Started by 1HOTACR, November 22, 2015, 04:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1HOTACR

VIPER TRACKS 2

"After months of planning, we are very excited to present Viper Tracks 2 !!!   Like Viper Tracks at Buttonwillow Raceway earlier this year, this event is 100% planned and run by enthusiastic Viper owners for the enjoyment of all Viper owners.  What makes Viper Tracks 2 so much better is the support that we are getting from Fiat Chrysler America.   We are teaming with them as a primary sponsor to host not just a track weekend, but also integrate a really awesome driving experience with the emphasis on driver education"

Scott and Lance

VIPER TRACKS  2
Chuckwalla Valley Raceway
February 20-21, 2016

Here are some of the highlights for the event:

A Viper exclusive driving event open to all Dodge Viper Owners.
Viper specific driver education.
Four different run groups:  Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced and Race.
4 track sessions on each day.
In car instructors for all beginner group drivers.
A very special Driving experience with some very special cars for those that are registered but do not want to track their cars
Dinner banquet Saturday night at our host hotel. Breakfast and lunch at the track both days included.
Fiat Chrysler America / SRT sponsored ride alongs, demo cars, round table tech sessions and special guests to be announced.

http://goracecvr.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Phase-1-GP-Track-Map-3.pdf

HOST HOTEL

Desert Princess Resort
67967 Vista Chino
Cathedral City, CA. 92234
1 760 322 -7000

We selected a beautiful golf resort in Palm Desert which has just been completely renovated.  There are a wide variety of things to see and do in the Palm Desert area: Living Desert Zoo & Gardens - Palm Springs Aerial Tramway - Annenberg Theatre - Palm Springs Walk of Stars - Red Jeep Tours - Shields Date Farm - Wet 'n' Wild - Joshua Tree National Park - Cabazon premium Outlets - Palm Springs Air Museum - El Paseo Shopping & Art District - Empire Polo Grounds - Children's Discovery Museum - Indian Wells Tennis Garden.  They are also offering special discounts to Viper Tracks attendees on golf and spa services. This is prime season and room rates are generally $300/night but we secured an initial block for just $189/night.   Call reservations at 760 322-7000 and tell them you are with Viper Tracks to get this great rate. To secure your Viper Tracks special rate book your room early. 
http://www.desertprincessgolfresort.com

Cost is $425.00 which includes track time, auto-x, rides with the hot shoe FCA driver on the track and auto-x, breakfast and lunch at the track both Saturday and Sunday and the Saturday night banquet at the host hotel.   If you would like to add a guest, the cost is $75.00.  Bring out the family and take advantage of the great room rates and explore what Palm Springs has to offer.   After December 31st VT2 rate will increase to $499.00  We strongly encourage you to sign up early so we can finalize and secure the contracts with the track and hotel.

Here is a quick link to our registration page:
http://www.vipertracks.com/?page_id=104

For more information on the event, here is a link to the webpage:  http://www.vipertracks.com

Or visit us on Facebook and let us know what you want:  https://www.facebook.com/vipertracks

Attending:

Scott H.
Lance K.
Ben K.
Glenn I.
Mike B.
Jim K.
Jeff A.
Steve D
Allen B.
Al O.
Brent K.
Phil E.
Randy B
Mike M.
Peter H.
Rich E.
Ryan B.
Todd S.
John W
Eddie R
Rich L.
Chuck G
Peter M
Carl A
Debbie R
Lon H
Jim M
Larry G
Chris H
David S.
Bruce L.
Cable R.
Andy H.
Nino V.
Juan V.
Jay M.
Randy T
Andy W
Mike F
Eddie M
Vineet V
Denis V
Akemi F
Raj C
Erik M
Justin F
Douglas H
Loyde I
Gary C
Gerald C
Jerry J
Slade S
James R
Anthony M
Austin M
Michael S
George M
Mark C
Paul T
Mike B
Kevin V
Kent T
Paul K
Mike G
Chris N
Dan M

*This event is open to ALL Viper owners !!
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

1HOTACR

All signed up!  Can't wait  8)
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

edoggrc51

Me and Mike Q would definitely be interested in going.

Anyone know where we can rent a trailer to haul two Snakes???

Banzai Ben

I'm registered and paid, looking forward to it!

Eric, I'm not sure where you can rent a stacker or tandem two-car trailer.
Sorry.

Calling all Vipers, please sign up and support the event. Our fellow Socal members that organized
the event have put in so much time, effort, and $$$ to make it happen. Let's help make it successful like the first one! You will have a great time and learn so much about your Viper's capabilities.
Thanks!  :)

2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

redtanrt10

Hey Ben I'll be there.  Looking forward to running down your new blue viper!!

ACRBruce

I'm signed up and paid, and will be bringing wheels that won't rub this time.  :P

HISSSN1

Paid in full and Hotel is booked for 3 nights. Thank you Scott and Lance for doing this again. Looking forward to it.
2009 ACR VENOM B
2010 ACR-X Chassis #15
2015 HELLCAT CHARGER
2017 ACR E 1 of 1 Viper Detroit Battleship Gray
2019 Hellcat Redeye

Nino Valmassoi

Ok, I'm signed up and got the hotel reservation. Now all I have to do is remember to keep the rubber side down. ::)  Nino

Jay M

I'm signed up, hotel is booked... just waiting on Motor Village get my car running.

Looking forward to it!

~Jay
2004 Convertible, Red, custom tan interior

anthony

anthony

FYI,  ANYONE COMING DOWN EARLY FRIDAY CAN ATTEND THE SHOW/CRUISE EL PASEO PALM DESERT.  STAGE AT 3PM AND CRUISE EL PASEO AFTER.  WOULD BE NICE TO SEE A LARGE GROUP OF VIPERS SINCE WE WILL ALL BE OUT HERE.  IT STARTS AT THE UPPER PARKING LEVEL NEAR SAX.   THX  ANTHONY

http://www.elpaseocruisenight.com/home.html

Jay M

It's been 10 weeks, and my Viper is still in the shop.  If I rent a Corvette, could I bring that? 

~Jay

redtanrt10

Jay, so sorry to hear this.  Are they close to finishing?  Mike

Jay M

I have the car at Motor Village.  They said it was a bad lifter.  They need to install all new lifters, but they can't find a complete set.  They are on back order with no estimate on when parts will be available again.  Finally SRT searched the entire country's dealer inventory for parts.  They thought they had enough, but apparently the dealer who's working on my car didn't request the right amount.  That was Friday that they learned this.  According to SRT there are no more parts.

There is another part number that was recommended (by a friend of ours who knows vipers), but Dodge insists that it's not compatible.  The alternate part is actually made better and doesn't fail.  The reason the stock part number is on back order is because they haven't solved the problem that causes them to fail.

It's covered under warranty, so that's why I can't just have Dan fix it.

Last night I suggested that they do what they used to do and just send the engine to Arrow to be rebuilt.  I'm still waiting on an answer.

There are track days all the time.  But THIS track day is special.  I really want to be there with my car. 

~Jay