Cars and Coffee temporarily shut down?

Started by viperCFP, December 17, 2014, 02:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

viperCFP

Michael
Instagram: @viperCFP
'96 GTS (2nd caretaker)

PCH VIPER

That location was never ideal anyhow, although it was very convenient to get to.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Ted

Not sure it will be coming back.  That is a huge crowd to accomodate. Hipefully there will be a new location in the area.
Next Saturday 12/27/14 is the last day.  I plan to attend.

Newport Viper

They are closed on the 27th. Done and over. Last was the 20th. http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-shows/news/a24552/the-official-word-on-cars-coffee-irvine/

The ONLY thing that makes long term sense to me is HB. 2,400 spots. Beach. Kid friendly. Beach. Restrooms. Walk over the bridge to the Hyatt for coffee. Did I say Beach? Yep ..... $150 a year pass (and for you 62+ it's only $fitty) will keep the crowd at bay or $15 for the day. .....Beach.....This why you come to SoCal. It would be Epic! Great for pics. http://www.huntingtonbeachca.gov/visitors/parking/beach_parking.pdf

Do you really want to end up at South Coast Plaza? El Toro Really?? Might as well be in Texas...yuck!

They should have went to the Beach years ago ;) ;) :P
04 SRT-10

PCH VIPER

Oh noooo you don't......I'm going to complain about the noise.    :P   Just kidding !

You better get to work and bring this back to the coast where it belongs.

Ted

Beach!  I am closer than you Lance and I cannot hear the noise!

There will also be the new Pacific City with numerous restaurants, cafes, etc. starting in 2015.

I am just not sure that the City of HB would be up for an every Saturday event.

Btw, thanks for the heads up on no final 12/27/14 C & C--I thought they said there was one more... .

Newport Viper

Quote from: PCH VIPER on December 23, 2014, 08:05:13 AM
You better get to work and bring this back to the coast where it belongs.

No extra time in the day with the newborn or..... I would be all over it.

You know what my car shows at the Beach are like. ;) Merry Christmas!

04 SRT-10

PCH VIPER

I remember that day...the girls were using the Porsche GT to warm themselves up !  Classic.

Newport Viper

8) New C & C location ... (well it should be)

04 SRT-10

AceFang

There was an attempt yesterday morning to establish a possible new site, and it worked out very well.  I found out about it last-minute so I was the only Viper there.  It was in one of the parking lots in the Tustin District, near JT Schmid's (off Park Ave and Tustin Ranch Rd) 

There were almost 200 cars there - great selection: Lamborghini Murcielago and old Bora, many Porsches, old and new Ferraris, BMW iDrive, Morgan, Panther, etc.  I asked one of the guys who set it up whether it was going to be permanent.  He stated that they started working with the management firm for the site.  Then the Tustin mayor got involved, liked the idea of all those cars and all that potential business, so he stated he would contact the District owner's firm.  They plan to meet there next Saturday unless something unforeseen happens.

I plan to go next Saturday, Jan 3.  Hope to see more Vipers there!
John Bennett

Newport Viper

Hi John! It will be interesting to see if it can be done there. We will see if the owner sees any value. Their stores open at 11 so.... not so sure.

Dropped by HB on a morning cruise.

And

This really would be such a great place.....

This is a shot of the "Hyatt" bridge that goes right to their coffee shop...

A parking lot in Tustin.... I will pass.
04 SRT-10