2014 Club Members Car Control Clinic

Started by 1HOTACR, March 27, 2014, 03:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1HOTACR

SoCal Club Members 2014 Car Control Clinic
October  4, 2014

: : : : : CLICK HERE TO BUY YOUR CCC TICKETS : : : : :The So Cal Viper Club will be returning back to Auto Club Speedway in Fontana California to utilize their huge parking lot to stage our Member's only Car Control Clinic sponsored by our Southern California Viper Club.   This has always been a very popular event for new members as well as long time members.   It is the ideal place to take your Viper out and push it to the limit to get a full understanding of what happens when you cross the threshold of tire traction and become a passenger trying to gain control of the Viper.   

One again a  huge Thanks to Randy Tribolet for getting us set up again with the Team manager of Megan Racing.  Naoki Kobayashi.  They will be bringing out 3 of their instructors to help us learn the basics of Car Control through the lessons of Drifting.    " I know some folks are a little reluctant to burn up their street tires and for $50 they will let you take out their drift car and smoke em all you want. I spoke to Naoki today and he said that they would try to bring two rental cars this time. Also, their cars are set up for the drifting and a bit easier to control in a drift. It's a great way to get a feel for it. Last year, many of us rented the car first to get the feel and then took our vipers out afterward. I think that the best way to do it. They bring a truck load of tires and expect to go through some"  Randy.

Whether your goal is to learn how to full on drift your Viper or simply get the "feel" of  having the back end start to slide out and what to do to catch it, this is the ideal opportunity to come out and learn.

This year we will be focusing on Auto-x and this year it will likely have a few surprises in the course setup.
AUTO CLUB SPEEDWAY
9300 Cherry Ave.
Fontana, CA. 92335
8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.

If you haven't renewed your 2014 club membership now would be a great time.   https://driveviper.com/join/
Cost:

$100.00/car and driver. Includes Lunch.
$35.00 for each additional driver or guest.  Includes Lunch.
$50.00 per Driver. Drifting school
Helmets are required for all Drivers

We are now accepting Checks.  Pay Pay is now open! http://socalviper.com/events/ccc-2014/

Mail Checks to:
Southern California Viper Club 1772-J East Avenida De Los Arboles #107
Thousand Oaks, Ca. 91362

Attending: limit to the first paid 50 cars .........Paid*                Drifting.......  Paid*
                                                                                                      3 hour session  #

Ben*                                                                                            Stephanie *
Mikey* and Anna*                                                                        Lawrence *
Randy and Diane *                                                                      Guy C. *
Fast Eddie *                                                                                  John*
Lance *                                                                                        Teresa*
Jay M.*                                                                                           Ben*
Lawrence *                                                                                   Mikey*
Glenn *                                                                                         Randy#
Stephanie *                                                                                  Diane*
Derek and Roland*                                                                       Derek*                                                                                           
Gary, Melissa and Jake*                                                               Gary*
Matthew *                                                                                      Roxy*
Duane and Cathy *                                                                        Eddie A.*
Jerry J.*                                                                                       Steve*
Guy C.*                                                                                        Dylan#
Bruce Li *
Michael Hu*
Justin, Akemi and Roxy*
Mike F.*
John and Teresa S.*
Eddie and Dylan*
Mike B. and Dane *
Steve and Tina *
Nino*
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

Derek

Sweet! Count me in! Hopefully with any luck ill be in a ACR!

RandyT

Wouldn't miss it for the world. I love this event.
Diane and I will be there for sure.
Count us both in.

RandyT

RandyT

Glenn,
You might want to say something about the rental drift cars in the event description. I know some folks are a little reluctant to burn up their street tires and for $50 they will let you take out their drift car and smoke em all you want. I spoke to Naoki today and he said that they would try to bring two rental cars this time. Also, their cars are set up for the drifting and a bit easier to control in a drift. It's a great way to get a feel for it. Last year, many of us rented the car first to get the feel and then took our vipers out afterward. I think that the best way to do it. They bring a truck load of tires and expect to go through some.
It's a blast!
RT

RandyT

Jay M

That's a great thing to bring up Randy.  My tires were shot at that time last year, so I went ahead and attempted drifting. There is burnt and melted rubber seemingly permanently bonded to my car now.  For $50, I think I'll abuse their car.

~Jay
2004 Convertible, Red, custom tan interior

viperCFP

permanent burnt & melted rubber = street cred  8)

Quote from: Jay M on April 02, 2014, 02:32:33 PM
That's a great thing to bring up Randy.  My tires were shot at that time last year, so I went ahead and attempted drifting. There is burnt and melted rubber seemingly permanently bonded to my car now.  For $50, I think I'll abuse their car.

~Jay
Michael
Instagram: @viperCFP
'96 GTS (2nd caretaker)

Banzai Ben

2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

redtanrt10

West coast racing is running Willow that weekend and Speed Ventures is at Fontana.

I guess I'll opt for Fontana and drop by and see the car contil.  Mike

anthony

i'm in as always.   Anthony

SSSSE YA

Please include Cathy and I Glenn. We will be bringing two cars.

Red Vip

sorry, no can do for me... :( have a great time.... :)
***=====***

...Raj...
Red Vip

Lawrenzo

Are there still spots available for this??  If so, please add me to the list.

1HOTACR

Yes, we still have plenty of time.  The big blast announcement will be coming out soon.  This is by far the best Club event of the year to play and learn what your Viper can do.  Stay tuned and mark your Calendar. We will have plenty of shade and lot's of cool drinks for all.  October 4th 2014 8)
Glenn
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

1HOTACR

Megan Racing Drift Cars

I know some folks are a little reluctant to burn up their street tires.  For $50 Megan Racing will let you take out one of their drift cars and smoke em all you want in the drift area. Lets all start committing now for the Car Control Clinic. Thanks 8)
Glenn
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

Guy

Sign me up. . .show me the PAY booth !  G.Chandler