2014 Club Members Car Control Clinic

Started by 1HOTACR, March 27, 2014, 03:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HISSSN1

Glenn and Steph thank you, it was a well planed event the group was great,the food was good and the whole day was awesome.
2009 ACR VENOM B
2010 ACR-X Chassis #15
2015 HELLCAT CHARGER
2017 ACR E 1 of 1 Viper Detroit Battleship Gray
2019 Hellcat Redeye

Lawrenzo

Thanks to all that were involved for putting on a super fun event.  Now if I can just get that smell of burnt rubber outta my nostrils- or maybe it's actually the fragrance wafting over from the meat rendering plant upwind from us :o

Jay M

Thanks again to everyone who worked so hard to make this event so enjoyable.

I think this is the best auto-x track I have ever been on.  It was wide enough that I could actually think about a line, and apexes had some meaning.  It was fast enough that I could learn to feel the breaking point at speed.   Most auto-x tracks are so tight that I feel like I'm just abusing my tires.

That food was great, and there was plenty of time in the shade to talk to people. 

I'm already looking forward to next year!

~Jay
2004 Convertible, Red, custom tan interior

1HOTACR

What a fantastic day this turned out to be, thanks to everyone who made it out for this event!  It was a great mixture of old and new members, welcome to Guy Chandler and Duane & Carrie Davila!  We even had a few potential members stop by to check things out.

Steph & I are so very grateful to all of you who helped make the day so successful!  First off, thank you to Matthew Gross, Lance Kouchi and Randy Tribolet for meeting me at zero dark thirty Friday morning to design the layout for the club's largest Auto-X track to date.

Thank you as well to those of you who showed up early on Saturday morning to help us set up.  It was wonderful having Rob & Cathy Bucholtz run our registration table, and Gary & Melissa Belvedere, our Vice Presidents, act as our starter & timekeeper.  Your combined efforts allowed the whole process to run smooth.

Although the afternoon temperature was downright hot, we were blessed with a cool breeze in the morning.  I hope everyone had a good time attacking the course.  Congratulations to our Auto-X Winners.  Our 1st Place winner was Bruce Li with a time of 1.02.856.  2nd Place went to our Track Director Ben Kawata with a time of 1.03.152 and Justin Fujita came in 3rd with a time of 1.03.313.  Congratulations as well to Derek Short for winning this year's Cone Crusher Award!  "If you're not crushin' cones, you're driving way too slow!"

It looked like those of you who took advantage of the drifting sessions were having a blast burning rubber!  Thank you to Naoki and his entire team from Drifting 101, it was a pleasure working with them!  Congratulations to Randy Tribolet who won Best Drifter, and Guy Chandler as Most Improved Drifter.

Last, but not least, big thanks to all of you who stayed and helped us pick up!  Justin, Akemi & Mike Fujita picked up all the track cones with their beautiful truck and trailer setup while Eddie & Dylan Reinsma, Jay Morrissete, and Gary, Melissa & Jake Belvedere helped break camp and load up the truck.  Thanks to Eddie as well for his mechanical help to those who needed a professional technician.

Thanks again to everyone who attended!  We look forward to planning more events like this in 2015!

Cheers! Glenn & Stephanie
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

Fast Eddie

Thank you Glenn and Stephanie great event.

Here's a video my son Nelson put together check it out.

http://youtu.be/s-jS1gUx9NQ

Jay M

Quote from: Fast Eddie on October 08, 2014, 06:18:45 PM
Thank you Glenn and Stephanie great event.

Here's a video my son Nelson put together check it out.

http://youtu.be/s-jS1gUx9NQ

That was awesome!
~Jay

Banzai Ben

2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

1HOTACR

Calling out Derek.......We want to see your Videos from the Auto-X    8)
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

Jay M

I made a little iPhone video.  Next year I'll try to film other cars too.  Feel free to share it on the Facebook page if you want.
http://youtu.be/_8_DbUkHkMM

~Jay

PCH VIPER

Great videos !!!!

I finally got my pictures uploaded.  www.kouchicentral.com

Here are a couple of them:

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures