Main Menu

Sears Point Raceway, October 9

Started by VENOM V, August 17, 2014, 08:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VENOM V

Sonoma Raceway "Sears Point," October 9:

Another great compliment to our exotic snakes – Vipers joining McClarens for this Hooked on Driving event, "McClaren and Friends."  Our beautiful supercars will also be joined by other makes to track at the famous Sears Point Raceway, aka Infineon Raceway, aka Sonoma.

*Note that this event is not open to beginners. There has been a change with Sonoma Raceway's tracking policy. Hooked on Driving is not able to bring new drivers in and provide them instruction, starting with this event. Drivers will need to be signed off at another HOD event at any venue before running Sonoma.  The primary difference - Start out with HOD at Thunderhill or Laguna Seca and get signed off - then you're good to go! Note: If you have been solo signed off by another organization or different HOD Region, you are good to go. Please list your qualifications in the Driver's Profile in the registration process

Event is open to drivers the following experience levels:
•                GROUP B1 - Low Intermediate
•                GROUP B2 - High Intermediate
•                GROUP C - Advanced/Pointby
•                GROUP D - Advanced/Open Passing
•                GROUP X - Coaches/Leaders

Registration for the Tracking Event at Hooked on Driving's website:
https://www.hookedondriving.com/event-details/McLarens_and_Friends!

What do I need to bring?
·      Helmet, Snell SA 2005 or 2010.  Available for rental for $25, when you register.  Or buy one from Wine Country Motorsports at the Hooked on Driving 10% discount: 
www.winecountrymotorsports.com
·      Self-check Car Inspection Checklist:
http://www.hookedondriving.com/downloads/Techical_Inspection.pdf
·      Here's a useful link with a wealth of info for first-timers with HOD:
http://www.hookedondriving.com/first-timers

Hope to see you out there!

-Todd Solomon
[email protected]
mobile 408-391-1379

2013 Viper GTS, Stryker Red, Track Pack
2013 Camaro SS 1LE, Coilovers, 560 BHP

PCH VIPER

Thanks for posting it Todd !

Sear's point is definitely on the list of tracks that I would like to drive.   
I can't make it this time through, but at least now I know what needs to be done to run there in the future.

See you soon,
L
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

VENOM V

Bump!

Who's in for Sonoma Raceway?  We've got 15 Vipers attending Laguna Seca, let's make a good showing at Sonoma as well.

Todd

Banzai Ben

How far is the track from LA? Same as Laguna?
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

VENOM V

I believe about 1-1/2 hours farther than Laguna Seca.  It may be worth a quick Mapquest to see.

VENOM V

Guys,

Is anyone joining from SoCal?  I'm signed up in Group D.  Groups B1, B2 and D are still open, sign up if ASAP you can make it.

Todd

Banzai Ben

Hi Todd,

I'd like to try running Sears Point but can't make it this time. Thanks for posting it and please continue to post up any track events. We will try to join you when we can.

Thanks,

Ben
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

catwood

I drove this track once on an invitational.  I was a smooth awesome track.  If I could get up there I'd do it.  It's a long ass tow from SD.  But it is a way fun track...some nice fast sessions.  I wasn't in a viper, but it would be a good track for a Viper in my opinion except that hairpin into the front straight...whew....