Corvette vs. Viper Auto-X March 15th

Started by 1HOTACR, January 13, 2014, 10:52:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

edoggrc51

Quote from: PCH VIPER on March 05, 2014, 07:54:27 PM
Sweet !   Make sure both of you guys bring your FAST tires !   ;D

No such thing if I'm driving buddy!  lol

1HOTACR

Only six driver spots left and five days to go before the event.  I guess we will have to order up some more numbers and a second Taco Truck! ;)
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

edoggrc51

Any caravans going up to Palm Springs Saturday morning??

Banzai Ben

Quote from: edoggrc51 on March 06, 2014, 11:15:28 AM

I'm sure there will be but I'm towing a trailer so I'll probably be going too slow for you guys in cars.

2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

1HOTACR

Greetings
There are just a few more days before the Palm Springs Corvette vs. Viper Charity Auto-X!  I wanted to touch base with you all one more time before the event.

Vipers:  Before you leave home, make sure all your fluids are checked and tire pressure is balanced on all fours.  We will have limited tools at the track, such as torque wrenches and air pressure gauges.  If you have junk in the trunk, leave it at home.  What should you bring?  Helmets are required for all participants, driver and passenger.  Folding chairs, hats and sunscreen are advised.  We'll have a couple of pop-ups to serve as our Club's home base, so you can get some shade and stash your important stuff there.

Meeting spot:  We'll meet at the Fantasy Springs Resort (84096 Indio Springs Dr.) west parking lot at 8:30 a.m. Saturday.  Please arrive with a full tank of gas.  We'll have pastries and juice for everyone and will issue your windshield numbers.  Remember, numbers go on the PASSENGER side.  We will depart for the Auto-X at 9:15 a.m. ready to tear up the course!

Auto-X:  The event is from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.  I have sent in all your registration forms to the Corvette Club, but will also give you a copy Saturday morning.  Hopefully this will help registration move quicker.  All drivers must check in at "Command Central" with your registration form, drivers license, proof of insurance and $80 for the event.   $20 per Viper to enter and $60 for  ten runs.  Remember this is all for charity.  Please bring CASH to speed things up. 

Brunch:  The Corvette Club informed us that we are all on our own for lunch, so, in addition to providing lots of high quality H2O for everyone (it's important to stay hydrated) Our SoCal Viper Club will bring in a light brunch (sandwiches, fruit, chips, drinks, etc.) sponsored by 2014 paid club memberships (this is why we have dues!)  Haven't joined yet?  Please consider signing up now at:   https://driveviper.com/join/  or Saturday at the event.

Right after the Auto-X:  We're heading to Anthony and Wanda's beautiful residence to celebrate our win with a Taco Truck Bonanza!  Cost is $15.00 per person for unlimited tacos, rice, beans, salsa bar, soft drinks, beer and desert.  We need a head count, so please RSVP to this email.  [email protected]  Thanks!

So let's defend our trophy and have some fun.
See you Saturday,
Glenn & Stephanie
Glenn
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

RandyT

Can someone tell us, where is Anthony's and what time will the early dinner be?
RT
RandyT

1HOTACR

Quote from: RandyT on March 11, 2014, 11:24:34 PM
Can someone tell us, where is Anthony's and what time will the early dinner be?
RT
It takes 15 minutes to get to Anthony's we should arrive by 3-3:30. 
Glenn
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

Newport Viper

Quote from: edoggrc51 on March 06, 2014, 11:15:28 AM

I am rolling out of Newport at 6:30 Saturday am see you on the road!
04 SRT-10

10 BANGR

Sorry y'all, I'm having to bail out due to work.
Demoe - 2006 SRT10 VERT BLACK / GRAPHITE METALLIC STRIPES

Newport Viper

Fun day and another great event! Thank you.

Got to love the desert!

04 SRT-10

edoggrc51

Good times, we'll not "good times" but good times nonetheless. lol

1HOTACR

Great day!.  We had 19 Vipers show up for the Auto-X.  From start to finish we all had a great time. It was time to let the Corvette club win.  Yes,  they had a better overall time by four seconds  for the fastest times by the best five per each team.  Viper 222 seconds , Corvettes 218 seconds.  I could go on and on,  but the fact of the matter is "Good Old Jack" from the Corvette Club said he was very envious that our SoCal Viper Club is very serious about driving our Vipers. (No posers!)   So on we go.  Thanks to everyone that came out to support our Club.  SoCal Vipers will be planning a Car Control Clinic this fall so stay tuned.  Let's  get this Auto -X down to a science.

Thank you Chuck P. our latest member for  coming out to the Auto-X  and ripping  up the track with the SoCal team.  Wait ... just in.  Our our newest SoCal paid members for 2014...  Dave and Lisa C.  Thank you both.  And now but not least.  Thank you Anthony for hosting this fantastic event and opening up your beautiful residence for all to enjoy. 

Glenn, Stephanie  and Odie.
Glenn
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

ACRBruce

Yeah, it was great fun and thank you all for making this a very successful event.  My wife, baby and I had a great time (I don't mean the time in autox :P ).  But I promise I won't mess with the tires too much next time and concentrate on making more runs.  BTW would like to see more autox events as autox is the best way to learn our Viper and drive 10/10th in a safe environment and can be held at venues close to home.  If we don't have Vipers to hold our own autox events, we could join other clubs like this past event as the Porsche club Grand Prix region also hosts events in the Pomona Fairgrounds, and there's a road course outside of the Fairgrounds that is very safe and allow speeds close to the Streets of Willow.

Jay M

Thanks to everyone who was involved in making this event so enjoyable.  The lunch and refreshments really helped to make the parking lot nice place to be.  And of course dinner at Anthony and Wanda's palace was nice.

I had a lot of fun and ran 9 good laps.  Thankfully, after and hour of buffing, I was able to remove all of the cone scuffs from my 10th lap.

I agree with Bruce, it would be nice to do more events like this.  I think since we are a small, but serious group that we would be welcome to join other clubs.

Later I'll post the GoPro video, and the few pictures I took. 

~Jay
2004 Convertible, Red, custom tan interior

PCH VIPER

Too much fun this weekend !!!   We had a great group out there with old and new members giving it their all out on the cone course.

Congratulations to the Corvettes.  They have some very talented drivers and were very consistent.

We will beat them next year.

I have pictures up on my site  www.kouchicentral.com

Here are a few of them.

Our cheering section

The Inland Empire boys !   Great seeing you guys again.

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures