West Coast Racing- Big Willow Mar 1-2

Started by Banzai Ben, January 07, 2014, 07:12:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VENOM V

Your prediction about Sunday looks right on, now only a 10% chance of rain on Sunday.  Man I wish I could join you guys!  If I had a way to get my track wheels there, I would try to join you.  I'll keep an eye on your upcoming events, hopefully I'll join you guys for one.  I will be tracking my Camaro at Buttonwillow on 4/19-4/20 and Willow Springs 5/24-5/25, hopefully I'll see you guys out there.

Todd

Quote from: redtanrt10 on February 27, 2014, 01:06:17 PM
Todd,  Sorry to hear you can't make it.  willow does drain very well, just a couple of possible spots where there is light gravel run-off.  I don't think you could find "dirt" at willow!

Bumbed about the rain!

I was going to head up Friday night to a hotel then get there early am

I'm going to watch the weather and probably best case leave Saturday am from Dana Point and get there late morning.

Sunday should be good and there are 5 sessions.  Unless the storm just sits over us, then Plan B is to leave Saturday afternoon and get up there before sundown

As Ben mentioned, rain has a funny way of missing Willow, who knows Saturday may work out and I have a feeling Sunday will be great

Look for the new and improved "VPR TOWR"

2013 Viper GTS, Stryker Red, Track Pack
2013 Camaro SS 1LE, Coilovers, 560 BHP

redtanrt10

Quote from: VENOM V on February 28, 2014, 03:48:13 PM
Your prediction about Sunday looks right on, now only a 10% chance of rain on Sunday.  Man I wish I could join you guys!  If I had a way to get my track wheels there, I would try to join you.  I'll keep an eye on your upcoming events, hopefully I'll join you guys for one.  I will be tracking my Camaro at Buttonwillow on 4/19-4/20 and Willow Springs 5/24-5/25, hopefully I'll see you guys out there.

Todd

Todd,

I understand.  Hope to catch up with you at either or both the events.  I go to Willow a lot, really enjoyed Buttonwillow last fall and want to go back.  best wishes, Mike

Banzai Ben

Weather was wet Saturday which made it a bit sketchy on track but we did get one pretty dry session in late morning. Lance, Scott, and Bruce came out to hang for a while.

Sunday was totally dry on track and turned out to be a great day.

Only took a few phone pics from Sunday. I think Scott and Lance took some pics Saturday.

2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

EXHLR8N

Looks like you guys had a great time on Sunday.  Lance and I enjoyed getting wet on Saturday.

Hey Mike, we saw you coming up the 14 on our way home.  The Van looked great!!!
The Best Things in Life are Dangerous

redtanrt10

Sunday turned out to be a pretty good day, never a drop of rain and the crowd was lite , except Ben kept getting blocked at some point in every session!  Temps only got to maybe 50, which was cool when the sun wasn't shining.  But those cool temps provided great engine hp.

Bruce, sorry I didn't get chance to see you and Lance, got a later start Saturday am and must have hit 3 or 4 different squalls along the way that had traffic going at 10 mph for a few miles.

Too bad Saturday weather was bad, it would have been great to see more viper folks there.  Mike

Speedtactics

Sunday made up for a rainy Saturday. We had a great track day and lots of track time! I had a great time chasing down the "Radical Dude" and working over all the vette's and mustangs in our session! Nothing like a little Viper bite to show them you can't mess with the snake,  ;D
It was great to hang out with Johnny Yuma and his wife in their fantastic Motorhome and relax in comfort.
Sorry so many people bailed out because of the rain, too bad since Sunday was totally dry and great track day.
Hopefully we can get the sidewinder group built back up to have a good strong core of Vipers at the track in future events.
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

PCH VIPER

I didn't take too many pictures on Saturday due to the rain.
What I did take is up on my site.   www.kouchicentral.com

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures