After all the explanations, I still don't understand.

Started by hemotox, November 19, 2013, 08:28:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemotox

Well, it has been several months now since the bomb shell about the VCA hit us, followed by shock waves of explantions, and I still have no idea what the future should be.  I have heard from Dan, Lance, Bruce and the new So Cal committee, but the answers aren't there, it is still a mystery and I don't know who to believe or what is the best course to follow.

VOA is in the works, they have most likely limited funds and are pulling away from VCA with the intent to re-estabilish ties with SRT and Chrysler. VCA has been reported to be trying to mend fences with Chrysler (a long shot by reports), get a new board of directors, make everyone happy again, but they do have the organzation and probably more money.

So what to do?  I guess pay the VCA dues and see what happens, if it costs me double.  No one knows who is involved in running this new VOA, except some names like Lang, et al.

If you can make sense of this disaser, let me know.  I would appreciate some advice.

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

Mr. Fangs

Doc.

There was a power struggle within the VCA Board of Directors. Ralph was dictating how they should run the club and a couple of the Directors was having none of it. (Jon Brobst issue).

3 of the Board members felt left out of the decision and wanted to do what SRT demanded. This split the board and the 3 decided to preform a coup.

They felt that following the directions of Ralph was more important than maintaining the independance of the club.

The Marshals that were performing the internal structural running of the club (magazine, VOI's and VPA, as well as membership and back office functions) were accused by Ralph as being corrupt, and it hit the fan.

The VCA President fell on his sword (some say pushed) and Dan was put in charge of restructuring the VCA in a manner that would be acceptable to a strong relationship with SRT.

A new temporary board was put in place to maintain the club until new elections could be held in January 14.

The new club got some pretty good traction, and Maurice is taking the place of the Marshals in essentially running the club and it's magazine, however I do not believe that any elections are being scheduled, but the people Maurice put into place will get the club off the ground.

The SoCal club is as befuddled as everyone else, and they have decided to form their own Board of Directors, and go it alone until the smoke settles and they determine which club they wish to maintain an alliance with.

They have asked all current and new members to send their dues directly to the club. The SoCal will split out the dues with their treasury keeping that part that would be theirs, and putting the balance into a escrow count to allow them to send it to the club that would best serve their membership.

Seems like everybody thinks this is a pretty good option, as the worst thing that could happen would be for the current members to split up into two different factions.

If you are going to the Auto Show this Sunday, pull me aside and I can give you more details. If not, we can get together at the Christmas Party. (Going to be a fun one)

I think all this will sort itself out, but right now the magic 8 ball is a bit hazy.
Paul & Teresa 09 Coupe

PCH VIPER

This truly is a very difficult situation.....at the National level.   :'(

At the regional level, we can only pass on to our members information that has been passed on to us.   
We are not getting any direct information from the VCA administrators that would give us any clear indication of what the VCA's future is.  We really are not in the position to speculate or give answers to things that we are not entitled to. 
Our So Cal Officers and Board of Directors have been in constant communication with each other over the last month.  We are continually looking at the 2 National Clubs and constantly evaluating the situation.  We are doing our best to understand the entire situation.   

What is clear is this:
The So Cal Region needs to stick together.  The only way we can ensure that our region does not split is to collect the dues ourselves and hold them in "escrow" till we are certain of the National Club's future.  We do not want to have 2 competing So Cal regions with different National affiliations in the same area.
This also ensures that our member's money is NOT lost and that our members will not have to double pay.
We are constantly monitoring the two National Clubs and we will make sure that we do what is best for our membership. 

Regardless of what is happening at the National level, our region must continue to host great events every month for our membership to enjoy.   We know that our success comes from our membership and their participation.  We must continue to work together and not let the National's issues influence our love for our regional club.

We know that "politics" in a car club sometimes makes people want to walk away.  We truly hope that our members and prospective members are able to recognize the fact that the "politics" are not resident in our So Cal Club.  Before you make the decision to just sit out or walk away because of National issues, you are effectively weakening our local Club.  We truly have a great membership that gets along and works well with each other.  Any distaste from the political issues should be kept in perspective and realize that our region flourishes with our membership's involvement and enthusiasm.

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Mr. Fangs

Lance hits it right on the head. Most of our members could care less about national politics. The real prize is to keep the SoCal VCA club to together.

Typically you want to stay at the dance with the one that brought you there, however the Northern California club is attempting to entice our membership to leave VCA and come up and join with their new club.

Reminds me a little bit of the current TV show about motorcycle gangs, where the new club comes blazing into town to take over the established clubs territory. Lots of drama typically ensues, but in the end the start up club ends up looking just like the established club with different patches. Also know as different circus...same clowns.

They have made lots of allegations about the VCA that has turned out to be without substance, and that has turned off a lot of people that feel a loyality and allegiance to their long term affiliation with VCA.

Lance is taking a careful look at both options, but no matter how you slice it, the SoCal club will continue to offer their membership a fantastic experience, and the opportunity to join with other Viper enthusiastists to enhance the enjoyment of their cars.
Paul & Teresa 09 Coupe

hemotox

Thanks for the updates, I wo't be at the Auto SHow on Sunday.  Will be patient and see what happens.

hemotox