Election for officers 2014 So Cal Viper Club

Started by 1HOTACR, September 20, 2013, 10:43:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1HOTACR

Hello Everyone

We have been members in this club since 2006.  During that time,  I don't remember any official notification to the the members about  a nomination for Officers.  I do  remember a post about nominations on our site.
I am not trying to upset the flow of what is going to happen in 2014.  The pre determined officers that have been waiting  on the bench for the 2014 positions for a long time will be an asset to our club.  However,  I have to say that we need to be more open to our "New" club members and let them know that this is not a "Good old Boy's club" AKA  the "Click" with a VCA mentality.  So in all fairness, we should have an Election with everyone  involved that have paid their dues to the So Cal Club via....( You Know)  to cast a Nomination and/or vote  for new  open positions for officers in 2014.  Times are a changing and we will lead the rest of the pack... SoCal Vipers Rock....

"IF YOUR HAPPY SITTING ON THE BENCH THEN DON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT THE RESULTS"

Cheers!  Glenn
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

Red Vip

Hey Glenn you have brought up a good set of points especially for the new members, also the ones that are not involved much, and people that don't know the inner workings of an organization...  Involvement is key to all organizations; as you know I happen to be involved in a few myself, (@#$%), however the concept of having "people in the wings" is to make sure there is continuity, balance, effectiveness and for the new officer/s to be productive from the start; and all this occurs by the "people in the wings" working closely with the current officers during the current term.
Perhaps because Lance, (who by the way I feel is one in a million), does end his term as noted elsewhere, someone can open the forum up for nominations annually, or something.
The core idea of SCVip is to have FUN in more ways than one.  If that's what the members want, open it up and see what they say - dialogue brings interesting travels.  I for one would like to leave it the way it has been running, I have enough on my plate, which happens to have several large cracks on it....
Let the nominations begin...
???
***=====***

...Raj...
Red Vip