Main Menu

Buttonwillow this weekend

Started by Redsled, December 17, 2013, 05:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redsled

Anyone running with Speedventures this weekend?  There will be several Vipers out there as well as a new Gen V (Venom V from the VCA)  Weather looks good as well.

PCH VIPER

Hey Jonathan,
Have fun at the track this weekend !
I hope the weather warms up for you guys.

Be safe  and have a Happy Holidays.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

redtanrt10

Jonathan, would love to go but heading to Houston Sunday to see my folks

Have a great time and hope to catch up with you at the track in '14.  Definitely want to get back to BW, think speedventures has a Feb or March date set.  Mike

Redsled

Great day at the track.  Little chilly the first 8 am session, but it began to warm up from there.  Several Comp Coupes there, some SRT-10 coupes as well as an ACR-X.  Had the chance to instruct a gentleman in a new Gen V and all I can say is WOW!  The car is simply amazing on all levels.  The acceleration, braking and cornering ability is staggering.  If SRT ever makes an ACR edition of the Gen V, the other super cars  will be on notice.  Was preparing to out for my 4th session and as usual I always inspect the wheels as I set tire pressures and I found cracks on 5 spokes of my rim.  The centers were only 3 years old.  I would highly suggest checking the rims before each session, just in case.  Glad I caught  the issue before something unfortunate could have happened. 

Looks like Jan 4 is an open test day again.  I'll be heading out to play once more.  Hope to see more Vipoers out there.   http://buttonwillowraceway.com/calendar-of-events/calendar-of-events-2014/

1HOTACR

Hi Jonathan.  Did anyone take any pics at the track that could be shared with the the Club?

Thanks,  Glenn
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

Redsled

A few pics.  All the ones I took.  The Gen V was a monster on the track.  Very fast and agile.

Specialty Performance Team

Jonathon,

It was great to see you at the track, that Gen 5 was was really moving!

Our Comp Coupe and Gen 3 customer had a blast, the track warmed up nicely and by mid-day was spectacular.

The highlight for me was seeing Ross Murray turn a 1.46 in a WC Comp Coupe! The other best time of the weekend was a 1.53.

I will post our schedule for 2014 soon!

VENOM V

Thanks again Jonathan for your instruction, man that really helped!

I just discovered this forum, you guys are damned lucky to have a sizable group of Viper track rats.  We need something like this up north.  A couple of the guys track, but not as many as back in the day, from what I've heard.

Merry Christmas guys

Todd
2013 Viper GTS, Track Pack
2013 Viper GTS, Stryker Red, Track Pack
2013 Camaro SS 1LE, Coilovers, 560 BHP

1HOTACR

Hi Todd

Welome to the club.  We have a plethora of events planned for 2014.  Hope you can make it down from up North

Glenn.
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

VENOM V

Thanks Glenn, are the planned events listed somewhere?  I'd like to get a few on calendar and plan ahead.
2013 Viper GTS, Stryker Red, Track Pack
2013 Camaro SS 1LE, Coilovers, 560 BHP