Main Menu

Spring Mountain additional track

Started by Rocketman, September 13, 2013, 03:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocketman

Just an FYI, Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch has added a significant amount of track with 81 feet elevation change and what they call a "high speed spiral".(Probably not to tread on the term "corkscrew")  It was great when we were invited there previously, and I have gone independently quite a few times to run with the Las Vegas Porsche Club HPDE events held there several times a year. The new part is the right third including the right straight of the two parallel straights.   I suspect that using it in combination with the old section would take out a straight that the Viper guys enjoyed.

Jim
'02 GTS ACR  Gray/silver

Chandler AZ

1HOTACR

Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

Speedtactics

We need to get back over there as a group
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

Rocketman

I drove a couple of parade laps on the new section a few weeks ago.  The curved hill section does seem a lot like the LS corkscrew.  I don't know that they plan to ever put the whole track together for a long track.  It seems that they are getting busy enough to utilize 2 tracks at once.  One for members and one for the driving school.   The Porsche club HPDE event leader (and also club member) said that it is getting harder and more expensive to get track time for outside events.  The owner was there and said that there are future plans for even more track.
Jim
'02 GTS ACR  Gray/silver

Chandler AZ

PCH VIPER

WOW, that looks awesome !
Thanks for posting it Jim.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Banzai Ben

That does look great! I'm definitely interested if we ever get the opportunity to run there again.
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue