Car Control Clinic September 7, 2013

Started by PCH VIPER, August 05, 2013, 04:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCH VIPER

Car Control Clinic
Auto Club Speedway, Fontana  CA
September 7th, 2013

The So Cal Viper Club will be returning back to Auto Club Speedway in Fontana California to utilize their huge parking lot to stage our Member's only Car Control Clinic.    This has always been a very popular event for new members as well as long time members.   It is the ideal place to take your Viper out and push it to the limit to get a full understanding of what happens when you cross the threshold of tire traction and become a passenger trying to gain control of the Viper.   

A huge Thanks to Randy Tribolet for getting us set up with the Team manager of Megan Racing.  Naoki Kobayashi (google his name) has been part of the US Drift Industry since it was introduced back in 2000 and his team competes on the Formula Drift circuit.  They will be bringing out 3 of their instructors to help us learn the basics of Car Control through the lessons of Drifting.   

Whether your goal is to learn how to full on drift your Viper or simply get the "feel" of  having the back end start to slide out and what to do to catch it, this is the ideal opportunity to come out and learn.

We will have 3 Stations set up with an instructor at each one to help drivers learn the basics.
The fourth station will be our Auto-x and this year it will likely have a few surprises in the course setup.   ;)

What:
VCA Members Car Control Clinic

When:
September 7, 2013  8:00am - 3:00pm

Where:
Auto Club Speedway
9300 Cherry Ave
Fontana CA

Cost:
$100.00/car and driver
$35.00 for each additional driver or guest.

Use the following link to sign up  http://socalviper.com/events/ccc-2013/   
We are limiting it to the first 50 CARS that sign up and pay.  Do not hesitate as it will sell out quickly.   

Attending:

Jeff + Gordan  pd
Fast Eddie  +1  pd
Jim B   pd
John B   pd
Randy B  +1 pd
Raj    Pd
Philippe F  +1  pd
Justin F   pd
Mike & Akemi   pd
Paul G   pd
Matthew   pd
Demoe + Daniel  pd
Jerry J   pd
Ben & Mikey  pd
Brent K.  pd
Bruce Li   pd
Jay   pd
Derek & Erica   pd
Ron & Patsy   pd
Randy & Diane   pd
Nino   pd
Hirko   pd
Eddie & Dylan  pd
Larry G   pd
Matthew & Erika  pd
Dean & Leanne    pd
Pat  pd
Thomas C    pd
Rolf S   pd

Bruce C
Cathy and Dan
Lance
Albert & Paolo
Dan Cragin
Drift Day - 4

Megan Racing will be bring out one of their drift cars to the event.  For those that wish to drive their drift car, please let us know so that we can add you to the list.  The cost is $50.00 for "one doughnut session" and will be paid directly to them on the day of the event.  This essentially covers the cost of tires and gas.   Naoki will be there giving private instruction with his drift car.

1:  Fast Eddie
2:  Derek
3:  Dylan
4:  Eddie R.
5:  Ben
6:  Randy
7:  Diane
8:  Mikey
9:  Bruce L
10: Pat T
11: Justin
12: Akemi
13: Nino
14: Paul G
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Matthew

Oh yeah this is the one I've been waiting for.   8)

ViperX

Cathy and I are planning to be there if we are in town that weekend.

This may be our last So Cal Viper Club event  :'(

Banzai Ben

2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

AceFang

John Bennett

Jay M

I'm in for sure.  Jenifer is still undecided.

~Jay
2004 Convertible, Red, custom tan interior

Derek

registered and paid!
me and my sister will be attending this event!

only wish there was more of these events per year!
they are so much fun and viper owners can really see the control and power of these cars in a save environment!

i vote for more of these kind of events!

can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NK BREKR

Quote from: ViperX on August 07, 2013, 07:03:53 PM
Cathy and I are planning to be there if we are in town that weekend.

This may be our last So Cal Viper Club event  :'(

What's going on Dan?  You're not moving out of state?  And I know you're not selling your Vipers.

RandyT

D & I will be there for sure.
Hey! A few of us were talking at cars n coffee last weekend and we were all hoping that we might consider adding a drifting event to the CCC. Is there anyway that could happen? Sure hope so, that would be fun!
RandyT

Red Vip

***=====***

...Raj...
Red Vip

PCH VIPER

Quote from: RandyT on August 10, 2013, 10:13:53 AM
D & I will be there for sure.
Hey! A few of us were talking at cars n coffee last weekend and we were all hoping that we might consider adding a drifting event to the CCC. Is there anyway that could happen? Sure hope so, that would be fun!

This is DEFINITELY going to happen !!
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Art,

Listed the house for sale Tuesday, sold the house for more than asking price on Thursday, signed the papers Friday.

Cathy and I are headed to Texas.  Likely be leaving mid September if all works out as planned.

Dan  8)

Derek

Quote from: ViperX on August 10, 2013, 07:13:52 PM
Art,

Listed the house for sale Tuesday, sold the house for more than asking price on Thursday, signed the papers Friday.

Cathy and I are headed to Texas.  Likely be leaving mid September if all works out as planned.

Dan  8)

nooo!
you will be missed dan!
hope you can make this event. would like to see ya again before u head out. but im sure u will be back to visit. or see ya at a viper event.

redtanrt10

Holy smokes Dan, can't believe you guys are leaving!!!!!

I've been in NY the last few days, missed Dukes, and now heading to Detroit. 

Was going to ask if you were going to Speed Ventures Fontana on the 8th (or 7th).  Are you??

Waiting on a connection, will try and call

so sorry to hear your leaving!!!!!

Mike

NK BREKR