Car Control Clinic September 7, 2013

Started by PCH VIPER, August 05, 2013, 04:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCH VIPER

For those that want to drive the Megan Racing Drift car, please make sure you let me know BEFORE September 2nd  !!

They need to know how many people will be driving their car and order enough tires for those that are driving their car.

I guess they are expecting us to SMOKE some tires !!
   ;D
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Green Mamba

Ok Lance I am in on a trailer with at least 3 set of rears to smoke you bastard, twisting my arm like that. I loved the comment that everyone else is trailering with mutipules of tires. Jeezs talk about peer pressre. Plus I miss you guys.  Lets turn that parking lot into a rubber lined plate!!!

PCH VIPER

;D   LOL....no arm twisting.  I just didn't want you to take the wheels off my car when you hit the chords on your tires.

Banzai Ben

Please add Mikey to the drift car list.
Thanks
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

ACRBruce

Time to dust off the car and come out and play.  Oh, sign me up for the drift car also.  Love the smell of rubber...

PCH VIPER

For the guys heading up from the San Diego Area,  contact Paul G.  He will set up a meet point and you guys can drive up together.

399Driver

Pat Taylor would like to do the drive-THEIR-car part of the Sept. 7 event!

Pacman

Hey Lance,

I think my sister(Akemi) is going with Mike Fujita and will be taking Yoko's spot for this event.  Akemi and I are planning on renting the drift car!

-Justin

PCH VIPER

Hey Justin,
Great....I'll make the changes.  Your sister was doing donuts in your car at the Duke's Run, so I'm sure she will do great    ;D

I'll add you both to the drift car.

HISSSN1

2009 ACR VENOM B
2010 ACR-X Chassis #15
2015 HELLCAT CHARGER
2017 ACR E 1 of 1 Viper Detroit Battleship Gray
2019 Hellcat Redeye

PCH VIPER

Quote from: HISSSN1 on September 02, 2013, 04:21:13 PM
Are helmets required ?

They are strongly recommended but we are not going to require it for our portion of the event.

I need to double check with the Naoki for the Drift Car, but fully expect that helmets will be REQUIRED when driving his car.

Nino Valmassoi

Lance,

Please add me to the drift car list. I need some to get some experience in NOT going sideways.

Nino

HISSSN1

Quote from: PCH VIPER on September 02, 2013, 07:09:03 PM
They are strongly recommended but we are not going to require it for our portion of the event.

I need to double check with the Naoki for the Drift Car, but fully expect that helmets will be REQUIRED when driving his car.

Thank you Lance Dylan and I will see you and the gang on Saturday.
2009 ACR VENOM B
2010 ACR-X Chassis #15
2015 HELLCAT CHARGER
2017 ACR E 1 of 1 Viper Detroit Battleship Gray
2019 Hellcat Redeye

PCH VIPER

Last minute details:

9300 Cherry Ave
Fontana CA   
We will be in Lot 12 which is directly across from the go-kart track.

Time:
Main gate should be open at 7:30
Please arrive between 7:30 and 8:00

Arrival:
Upon arrival, EVERYONE must sign the liability form and get a wristband.
You will get a car # which must be placed on the driver's side front windshield in the lower corner.
You will also be given a Group #.

Food:
We will have coffee, juice, fruits and pastries for breakfast
We will also have water and soda throughout the day
Lunch will be served at 12:00 and is also included.

Schedule:
7:30 - 8:30 registration
8:30 driver's meeting
9:00 driving begins   Groups will go to their assigned station and will stay at that station for 90 minutes
10:30  station rotation
12:00   LUNCH
12:30   station rotation
2:00   station rotation
3:30   course shuts down
3:45   awards and clean up    It will be greatly appreciated if you would help collect the cones and pick up trash.

What to expect:
This is a Car Control Clinic.  The emphasis of this event is to give the members a safe environment to push the Viper beyond it's natural balanced condition and gain the reaction skills to correct the balance before losing complete control of the car.
This will be done through a series of exercises that our instructors from Megan Racing will be teaching us.
The guys from Megan Racing are Formula Drift experts and will be helping our members learn the art of drifting through car control.

You WILL burn up some tread on your tires !!  Be sure that your tires have adequate tread before arriving or bring extra sets of wheels/tires. 

Car Preparation:
Verify that all your fluids are topped off.   Make sure you top off your fuel tank before driving into the track.
Make sure your brakes are in good condition.
Check your tires for tread depth !   It is also highly recommended to check your tire wear throughout the event !!
We are recommending that you set your tire pressures at 33 - 35 PSI
Empty out the contents of your car.  You do not want any loose items rolling around in your car for this event.  Bring a bag to put items in that you don't leave at home.  There will be a place for you to put your belongings, but it will be on the ground.

What to bring:
Helmets are recommended.   If you are signed up for the Drift Car doughnut sessions, helmets will be required.
Chair
Towel    a wet towel around your neck will help keep you cool.
Water
Sunscreen
EZ up for shade.  We are expecting it to be VERY warm on Saturday.

See you all on Saturday !!

Lance

Derek

was a lot of fun out there today!
can't wait to see the pics/videos!

ill be posting my videos up soon. hopefully tomorrow... so keep out an eye for those.