Gen 3 or 4 resonators/mufflers

Started by Super Villain, July 09, 2013, 08:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Super Villain

Anybody got a pair of Gen 3 or Gen 4 used OEM resonators/mufflers I can have?  There is an experiment with my crossover tubes I want to try.  Free would be great, but I can kick in a little money if you are willing to let them go for cheap.  Thanks!

-Anhtuan   
"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

NK BREKR

I got you covered Anhtuan, you can have the complete OEM exhaust for half a tank of gas.

Super Villain

Quote from: NK BREKR on July 10, 2013, 11:16:09 AM
I got you covered Anhtuan, you can have the complete OEM exhaust for half a tank of gas.

Awesome!  Thanks Art!  Let me know when is a good time for me to pick them up and I'll bring cash ;)  If weekends are good then I could come get it on Sat. the 20th (afternoon) if you are around.
"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

NK BREKR

The 20th works!  Anytime between 1-4. :)

Super Villain

ViperX

So, tell us about your project?????

Dan

Super Villain

I am back from Cancun!

Thank you Art for the exhaust system!

As to Dan's question...some time in the near future (once I get the Corvette back together), I plan on taking some sound measurements to see if running the crossover tubes will make an appreciable drop in exhaust noise entering the cabin.  In short, make the car quieter so that it is more girlfriend-friendly ;)

I would essentially be running an OEM cat-back set up hooked up to my crazy build.  To deal with the heat I will have all pipes coated with the same coating I used on the headers (because they work!) http://swaintech.com/race-coatings/race-coating-descriptions/white-lightning-exhaust-coatings/  the key feature to note is that this is a true ceramic coating that is .015" think as opposed to the paint type coatings that are only .002" thick.

Based on if the sound drop is enough I can always add some muffler inserts around the H-pipe section.  We'll see how it goes...but this project is months down the road...I just wanted to get parts for it in the meantime.

Hope to report back some good results.

ViperX

Just went back to cross overs on my 06 coupe.  Installing the cross overs will cut the "bad noise", like drone, a bunch, adds a bit of low end to the torque curve but will cut top end power just a bit. 

So, how much time do you actually "drive" the car spinning the engine over 6000 rpm? 

Cathy likes the car again!  Now, I like driving the car again too, especially after just installing the TR606 trans and Gen 4 diff.....

Hope you can make Dukes on Sunday.

Dan