Edelbrock tour and club dinner Friday Feb. 8th

Started by Super Villain, January 08, 2013, 04:24:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Bad News

'01 Red RT10

Super Villain

I just made an update to the parking situation in post one.  The first half of the tour will be at the main Edelbrock facility at 2700 California Street in Torrance.  There is limited guest parking there, but plenty of street parking as it is an industrial area with not a lot of traffic.  The second half of the tour will be at Vic's Garage Museum a few blocks away and we will drive over there as a group.

See you folks on Friday!
"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

ViperX

Looks and sounds like rain.

Will drive one of our "other" cars to this one.  Don't care to be stuck in traffic, in the rain with a manual trans.

Dan

Mr. Fangs

Weather looks like it is pushing the rain more into Sat than Fri. 50% chance of rain now on Friday.

Will probably decide just before leaving what vehicle to bring.

If it looks bad of Friday, will probably car pool up with the Winters. =27
Paul & Teresa 09 Coupe

ViperX

Paul, Lance, Anthuan, Nino, Scott H (likely can't make),

Let's try to eat dinner together and do a short VCA update meeting after we eat.

Thanks,

Dan  <2

PCH VIPER

Quote from: ViperX on February 06, 2013, 05:10:11 PM

Let's try to eat dinner together and do a short VCA update meeting after we eat.

Thanks,

Dan  <2

Sounds good to me.
Meeting will have to be during our dinner.  I have to pick up my daughter at 6:30 in PV which means I'll only be there till about 6:00   =16
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Mr. Fangs

Paul & Teresa 09 Coupe

Super Villain

Quote from: ViperX on February 06, 2013, 05:10:11 PM

Thanks,

Dan  <2

Yup!  Lets do it!
"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

Mr. Fangs

This was a super unique event. We were able to see up close and personal, all the work and machining that goes into the making of one of the most successful and well known manufacturer of aftermarket speed parts.

We got to see the million dollar machines that take the raw aluminum castings and turn them into bolt on components. We saw the dyno cells where testing is done to verify the performance claims. We got to meet with some long time employees that showed an obvious pride in their work and accomplishments.

We were right down on the factory floor, walking among the machines, and watching the production process unfold. The amount of handwork that was done right along the automated production line made for a very efficient production process.

We also got to see inside their supercharger assembly area where some of their latest products were unveiled to us.

At the grand finale we were welcomed into the surgically clean "Vic's Garage" where significant vehicles from his personal collection were on display. Every car in the room was kept street ready so they could be driven on a moments notice.

Then the cherry on the cake. In walked the man himself, Vic Edelbrock. He spoke with many of the members and posed for pictures. He then pulled up a stool, and told some terrific stories about his history, including just why he maintains his development, foundry and machining shop in Southern California where it started.

While it has cost him personally a ton of money, he has done it for his personal lifestyle, and for the benefit of the long term employees that have contributed to the success of the company.

Vic is a class act, his company has endured the many changes they have seen since it was founded by his father (Vic Sr.) 75 years ago.

I feel blessed and humbled to attend this event. Shows the impact a single man can have on an entire industry.

The after event dinner was great fun, to share others stories about their experiences with Edelbrock products over the years.
Paul & Teresa 09 Coupe

PCH VIPER

Nice write up Paul !

Here are some pictures to go along with his comments:

PCH VIPER

As always, pictures are up on my site. www.kouchicentral.com

A lot of time and energy went into the planning of this event.  This was not the typical tour that they normally give.  We were granted special access INTO the making of Edelbrock products.  Really cool to see. 
This was all due to the efforts of Bruce Conklin who spent countless hours working for and with the Edelbrock family on financial matters.  Thank you Bruce !

I would also like to give praise to our Event Coordinator, Anhtuan Pham.  His organizational skills and detail oriented mindset has really taken the administration of our Club events to another level.  It is so nice for me personally to be able to enjoy the event and have time to shoot pictures for those who weren't able to attend.
Thank You Anhtuan !

Super Villain

Agreed!  Good write up Paul!  It was a really cool event and we had a great turn out despite the weather.  That was only the 3rd time ever the Viper was driven in the rain.  Good thing I lived close by ;)  I got her detailed the next day so all was well in the universe. 

And you are most welcome Lance!  I am glad I could help and wish I had time to do more!

black beauty

>r  It was a great tour, loved Vic's garage, really enjoyed seeing everyone, & a great dinner afterwards!   =14 >j  p.s. great summary, Paul! >w