Viper Tech and Service Day - Jan. 19th

Started by Super Villain, November 28, 2012, 03:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Super Villain

Viper Tech and Service Day at Eddie's Shop!

January 19th Saturday

Our own Eddie Reinsma is graciously opening the doors of his shop, R and S Automotive, so the club can have its own private Viper Tech and Service Day.  You will get a chance to learn how your Viper works both under the hood and up on the rack.  Talk to fellow owners about mods, what works, what doesn't, and what you need.  Headers? Catch cans? Adjustable coil-overs? Heads and cam or supercharger?  Wanna hit the track? Learn what you need to do.  This is your chance for in-person discussions of all these things and more!

In addition, Eddie will also have service techs available for those who would like to get any work done on their cars.  If you want work done on your car you MUST be on the reserved sign-up list.  Space and time is limited so reserve your spot on this list early!  All pricing on parts will be cost +20% (tax is included).  PM Eddie for specific parts pricing.  You can also bring your own parts if you wish, but just be sure Eddie knows!

Services offered (pricing below is for Gen 4 and 3.  Gen 1 and 2 should be very close unless there is something very different in the servicing that Eddie does not know about.  PM Eddie if you want to be sure):

1. 4 way Alignments - $125

2. Tire balancing - $50

3. Tire mounting and balancing - $90 (includes tire waste fee).  You can bring tires in or Eddie can get them for $10.00 over cost plus mount and balance.  Please specify.

4. Complete fluid service includes oil and filter change, brake fluid flush, clutch fluid exchange, rear differential drain and fill with friction additive, transmission drain and fill, power steering flush, coolant exchange all Mopar parts - $550.00

All parts and fluids will be factory except the brake fluid.  Availble brake fluid choices will be ATE BF1 dot 4, ATE super blue racing fluid dot 4, or Motul 600.  Engine oil is MOBIL 1.  Coolant flushes use factory coolant and distilled water.

5. Oil and filter change - $130

6. Clutch Fluid - $30

7. Rear Differential service - $194

8. Transmission Fluid service - $104

9. Power Steering fluid flush and fill - $90

10. Coolant flush and fill - $107

11. Brake fluid flush and fill - $99

Any profits from the day are being donated to the club!

Date: Saturday, January 19th

Time: 9AM to 3PM

Eddie's shop: R and S Automotive 24773 Valley St., Newhall, CA 91321 (661)254-4589

Meetup Point (link)
Denny's (12861 Encinitas Avenue Sylmar 91342) at 8:30am (point A) and depart for Eddie's at 8:45am (point B).

Lunch can be provided for $10 and will include a foot long sub, chips, and a drink.  Please note if you want lunch and if so which sub you want: Black Forest Ham, Spicy Italian, Cold Cut Combo, or Turkey Breast.

If you are signing up AND you want service done on your car PLEASE specify what you need and if you will bring your own parts.  Without this info we WILL NOT be able to put your car on the services list.

I also want to make it clear that this is as much a social, hang out, learn something event as it is a day to get your car serviced.  In other words, even if you don't need to get your car serviced you can come out anyway and just hang out with us!  Just let us know so we can get a head count for space and food!

Attendee List:

1. Anhtuan - Brake Fluid flush and fill (bringing Motul 600)- Turkey Breast
2. Scott H. - Alignment - Ham and Swiss
3. Lance - Alignment - Cold Cut Combo
4. Bruce
5. Raj - Complete fluid service - Turkey Breast
6. Jay M- Alignment / Oil Change - Turkey Breast
7. Fast Eddie - Complete fluid service - Turkey Breast
8. Ben K. - Complete fluid service / Alignment (SRT 10 Truck)- Turkey Breast
9. Jim Kenehan - Cold Cut Combo
10. Angel
11. Odie - Spicy Italian
12. Mike S.
13. Mike - Fluid check and recommend-Spicy Italian
14. Matthew G. - Oil and filter, check clutch fluid - Turkey Breast
"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

ViperX

Guys,

This is very cool for Eddie to offer these services at these low prices AND to donate the profits to the club.

Everyone who needs these services, and most of us do, should try to take advantage of it.

Hope I can make it, will know more soon.

Dan  <2

PCH VIPER

I'm in !!!  Definitely want an alignment done on mine.  Cold Cut Combo   >q
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

HISSSN1

Great write up Anhtuan  >t this will be a great day to hang out and learn a little more about under your hood and under your car. I can be reached at the shop 661-254-4589, cell 661-713-3089 or e/mail [email protected] I see we have 2 alignments signed up great, I think this will fill up quick we will cap it at 10. You can visit the shop on line at @ WWW.RANDSAUTOMOTIVE.COM . Dan I hope you can make it out for the day to be our track expert  <2. So come out and have a fun day at the shop. Eddie
2009 ACR VENOM B
2010 ACR-X Chassis #15
2015 HELLCAT CHARGER
2017 ACR E 1 of 1 Viper Detroit Battleship Gray
2019 Hellcat Redeye

Speedtactics

I'm in for sure. This should be a great learning event for guys that don't get a chance to see under the belly of their snakes!  >j
Sign me up for alignment and Ham a swiss sandwich would be great.  >v
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

10 BANGR

Another one for alignment please. My snake appears to be in need of one.
Make it a turkey breast for lunch.
Thanks Eddie that's just awesome  ^2

Demoe
Demoe - 2006 SRT10 VERT BLACK / GRAPHITE METALLIC STRIPES

Red Vip

>8
Put me in for the fluids thing...ouch
Turkey please
Thx
Is this what I need for 4 k miles
***=====***

...Raj...
Red Vip

Super Villain

Quote from: Red Vip on November 29, 2012, 08:14:50 PM
>8
Turkey please
Thx

Well that's a little extreme for just 4,000 miles unless it was 4,000 track miles ;)  Hey guys/Eddie...maybe it would be helpful to post up recommended service intervals and what people should be looking to do given their usage/mileage?  I'll put you down for it now Raj and can always change it if you find out later you need less work than that.
"What is best in life?"...."To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" - Conan

Jay M

How many alignment racks do you have?  I'd like an alignment if you have time. If not, then my second choice would be an oil change.

Thanks!  It's nice to have everyone in our neck of the woods.

~Jay
2004 Convertible, Red, custom tan interior

HISSSN1

Quote from: Red Vip on November 29, 2012, 08:14:50 PM
>8
Turkey please
Thx

Hi Raj it depends on age and what the fluids look like, how hard you drive it we will check to see what you need.
2009 ACR VENOM B
2010 ACR-X Chassis #15
2015 HELLCAT CHARGER
2019 Hellcat Redeye

HISSSN1

Quote from: Jay M on November 29, 2012, 09:03:45 PM
How many alignment racks do you have?  I'd like an alignment if you have time. If not, then my second choice would be an oil change.

Thanks!  It's nice to have everyone in our neck of the woods.

~Jay

I have only one alignment rack we will sign up 10 cars to start with so get on the list. We can do your oil change too.
2009 ACR VENOM B
2010 ACR-X Chassis #15
2015 HELLCAT CHARGER
2019 Hellcat Redeye

HISSSN1

Quote from: Super Villain on November 29, 2012, 08:27:17 PM
Well that's a little extreme for just 4,000 miles unless it was 4,000 track miles ;)  Hey guys/Eddie...maybe it would be helpful to post up recommended service intervals and what people should be looking to do given their usage/mileage?  I'll put you down for it now Raj and can always change it if you find out later you need less work than that.

Your oils do no go bad with time, brake fluid and coolant will over time 4,000 miles on a car with street miles should not need all the fluids changed. A VIPER with 15,000 miles and or 2008 or older car may need the fluids done. If we are changing oil we will check all the fluid conditions and advise you of what is recommended. You can look in your owners manual it will tell you what DODGE recommends for fluid services. My 2003 oil change is every 3,000 miles or if I track it then I change it within 500 miles. Rear diff fluid and brake fluid every 12,000 miles, transmission oil every 24,000 miles,coolant every 5 years. It all depends on your driving style that is why inspection of the fluids will tell us more.
2009 ACR VENOM B
2010 ACR-X Chassis #15
2015 HELLCAT CHARGER
2019 Hellcat Redeye

ViperX

Guys,

Viper engines, transmissions and diffs aren't cheap AND time is also a factor, not just miles, just like with tires.

Change your fluids regularly (tires too) and you'll be much better off in the long run.

Remember the old TV commercial that says "you can pay me now (a little bit) or you can pay me later (a bunch)".

Dan  <2

HISSSN1

Changing fluids is good cheap insurance  <2
2009 ACR VENOM B
2010 ACR-X Chassis #15
2015 HELLCAT CHARGER
2019 Hellcat Redeye

Fast Eddie

Please put me in for a complete fluid service.

Turkey Breast

Thank you.

Eddie A    >v