Drive Willow Springs with Speed Ventures Saturday December 8

Started by ViperX, November 22, 2012, 10:47:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCH VIPER

Hi Doc and WELCOME to the CLUB !!
I'm looking forward to meeting you too.  We have quite a few Viper members that will be out at WSIR this Sat, so don't be shy !  Come over and make yourself at home.

Lance
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Doc

Quote from: PCH VIPER on December 02, 2012, 07:49:14 PM
Hi Doc and WELCOME to the CLUB !!
I'm looking forward to meeting you too.  We have quite a few Viper members that will be out at WSIR this Sat, so don't be shy !  Come over and make yourself at home.

Lance

Will do. Thanks Lance. Nice to find a club that actually drives their cars on the track! Sometimes I've felt like an outsider in other clubs, given the odd look they give me when I talk about driving my club car on the track. :)
Donn (aka "Doc")
Carlsbad, CA
www.competition-classics.com

Jay M

I just signed up for the track.  It'll be nice to have some practice before January 5th when all my friends will be watching.

Doc, I mentioned your name to Speed Ventures, so hopefully they will assign you to me.

~Jay
2004 Convertible, Red, custom tan interior

ViperX

Quote from: Doc on December 04, 2012, 12:21:05 PM
Will do. Thanks Lance. Nice to find a club that actually drives their cars on the track! Sometimes I've felt like an outsider in other clubs, given the odd look they give me when I talk about driving my club car on the track. :)

I think you'll enjoy our group if you're a track guy.  Many of us do drive our cars on the track and some of our guys are pretty good drivers.

We also do the occasional Auto Cross.

See you at the track,

Dan  <2

Doc

Quote from: ViperX on December 04, 2012, 05:40:08 PM
I think you'll enjoy our group if you're a track guy.  Many of us do drive our cars on the track and some of our guys are pretty good drivers.

We also do the occasional Auto Cross.

See you at the track,

Dan  <2

Sounds like a good fit to me. An autocross would be fun too. Haven't done one of those since the 90s. But I'm sure it would come back pretty quickly. :)
Donn (aka "Doc")
Carlsbad, CA
www.competition-classics.com

PCH VIPER

Hi Guys,
This Saturday is our Drifting event with Speedventures at WSIR.
They want us at the gate by 7:45 and the event starts promptly at 8:30 up on the Balcony which is up by Budweiser tower.

Ben and I are trailering our cars.
I'm going to leave my house around 5:15 and take the 405 around thru West LA to meet up with Ben about 5:45 - 6:00 am

Eddie Reinsma says he will be at the 14 fwy and Sand Canyon off ramp at the Mobil Station at 6:30.
Fast Eddie and Bruce may want to drive together and meet up with Eddie R at the Mobil.

Not sure what Greg's plans are yet.

If Ben and I are running on time, we will pull off at Sand Canyon too.  Otherwise we will keep putt - putting along and meet you guys at WSIR.

Bring your 2 way radios !  We will be on our standard channel 10

I will bring a floor jack, jack stands and torque wrench plus some other misc tools.  I also have a compressor on my trailer so we will have air.

Looking forward to DRIVING and learning how to control the drift  : )

See ya Sat morning.

Lance

Speedtactics

Viper gang. It was good to hang out with everyone on saturday and watch you smoke some tires. I have a ton of photos I need to edit but I wanted to post s few for you today. I will post up a link when I have a chance to do the final edit and upload.

The photos are all uploaded here is the link to the days gallery :http://www.hirkophoto.com/p683556571
Feel free to download what you want, mouse over the photo and the top left will give you a menu with download options. Don't choose all available or you will get every shot in the gallery. (unless you want 400 shots)

Now like I said go around the cone and no burnouts or doughnuts!!!

I said no burnouts Lance!!!!  <2

Banzi Ben.

Venom B (Eddie R)

Fast Eddie.

Tom.

"okay so like I said go out and smoke your tires as long as you can but lets Send Lance first to see what happens."
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

HISSSN1

Cool pictures Scott thank you for coming out and taking the photos.
2009 ACR VENOM B
2010 ACR-X Chassis #15
2015 HELLCAT CHARGER
2017 ACR E 1 of 1 Viper Detroit Battleship Gray
2019 Hellcat Redeye

PCH VIPER

Great shots Hirk !

We need to call Fast Eddie ..... Foust Eddie   >v