Just bought a Gen 3 Convertible Viper! (THE COMMEMORATIVE EDITION)

Started by Derek, July 14, 2012, 05:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derek

Well some of you may or may not know that ive been looking for a white Convertible Viper off and on. Kinda been tossing the idea around back in forth. Mostly looking for a Gen 3, But all the White ones ive seen have been the Mamba Edition. And i Personally don't like the red interior on them. But I figured i didn't really have a choice and kinda either had to deal with it and live with it or just have it re-done. So every week or so I would get on Auto trader or CL or whatever and do a general search for a convertible gen 3 and 4 viper to see what was out there. I was coming up on my usual weekly routine and kinda had a feeling something was out there. So i decided to wait a few days because i was pretty busy with work and didn't want to find something and then be so excited and not really be able to focus at work because of what i found lol. So the weekend finally came and i was doing my usual search, and what do i see... A new white Viper listing for sale... I was very excited, opened up the listing and started looking... got to the pics and saw the interior didn't have the red interior. BIG plus! never knew they made a white viper without the red interior that was a gen 3. I started looking and reading more... Saw it had barely any miles on it! not even 3k miles! BIG BIG plus! Saw the price... was a bit more than i was looking to pay... But figured what the heck ill give it a try anyways.... called the dealership, asked lots of questions about the car. sounds like something i wanted to buy. So long story short the car was in Flordia, im in so-cal obviously so the car would need to be shipped. I started the negotiating, they knew i was in san diego and i would have to cover the shipping, told them if we can agree on a price thats in my budget ill take the car. I had the number in the back of my mind what i wanted to spend shipped on it. They came back with a price that was spot on with what i was looking to spend.
So now we got all the details squared away and the car is now on its way to its new home in San Diego. Car was originally a CA car til last year went to a dealership in FL and now is coming back to CALI! <L

Funny thing is the car is white with blue stripes and my current viper is blue with white stripes.

Anyways thought i'd share this with my local so-cal viper peep's.

Here are some pics of the car...
Car should be home in San Diego by next weekend. will post pics once it arrives! Very excited!  >g

Being loaded up on the trailer....

T26

Congrats Derek - that is a great car.  Can't wait to see it!
>g

Brett

Derek

Oh i better clear something up before i forget. i should have mentioned it before.
This car will actually be my dad's and mine. The blue gts ill still be keeping it.
Want my dad to be a bit more part of the club and have more fun when we do driving events.

thanks guys for the feedback! we will be bringing the new convertible to the next event we go to.

PCH VIPER

Congratulations !!!

That car used to belong to one of our members here in So Cal.
He used to come out to some of our events

This pic was from 2007.

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Derek

wow very cool lance!
Do u know if he is still in the club?

Also the dealership in FL said it doesn't have a soft top boot cover for when the top is down, anyone know where i can get a new one for a good deal? Or maybe a member on here has a used one in good shape i can buy?

PCH VIPER

He is no longer a member....but will be back again I'm sure in the future.   I think he is waiting for a Gen 5 vert.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

10 BANGR

Nica car Derek. My car was first purchased in Huntington Beach then made its way to Hawaii followed by San Antonio TX. I then had it shipped back to Cali when I took ownership.
Good luck with your new to you Viper.

Demoe
Demoe - 2006 SRT10 VERT BLACK / GRAPHITE METALLIC STRIPES

1HOTACR

Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

Derek

Quote from: 1HOTV10 on July 15, 2012, 04:22:01 PM
Here you go Derek  <1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DODGE-VIPER-CONVERTIBLE-SOFT-TOP-BOOT-BLACK-MOPAR-OEM-/350435120593#ht_2895wt_1007

glenn, thanks for the link. i just talked to my dad he said he found 1 for pretty much the same price. i can't believe how much they go for. i was thinking like 200-300... lol boy was i wrong.

NK BREKR

Keep your eyes on the VCA classifieds, you'll see the boots pop up from time to time for $250-300, I sold Kobe 2 years ago for $280.

Derek

ViperX

White Vipers with blue stripes rule!  LOL

We'll have to get a couple of photos of our two cars together, white with blue striped coupe and convertible.

Dan  <2

Derek

Quote from: ViperX on July 17, 2012, 12:54:34 PM
White Vipers with blue stripes rule!  LOL

We'll have to get a couple of photos of our two cars together, white with blue striped coupe and convertible.

Dan  <2

yea for sure dan.

I love ur white coupe. If i ever got a coupe it would be white with blue stripes. I don't know what it is about the white coupes they just seem to look better than all the others... maybe its just me... lol