CAR CONTROL CLINIC Sunday May 20th, 2012 Pomona Fairplex

Started by PCH VIPER, March 27, 2012, 10:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

10 BANGR

Hey Jay,
I think they just need to be DOT approved.
I'm sure someone will chime in if I'm mistaken.

Demoe
Demoe - 2006 SRT10 VERT BLACK / GRAPHITE METALLIC STRIPES

10 BANGR

Demoe - 2006 SRT10 VERT BLACK / GRAPHITE METALLIC STRIPES

ViperX

Quote from: Jay M on April 04, 2012, 03:41:18 PM
I bought a helmet about 7 years ago.  how can I tell if it meets today's standards?

thanks,
~Jay

Hi Jay,

Good question.  You will want a "SNELL" rated helmet, which means a car helmet rated for fire safety.

Once in a while one of our club members will show up with a motorcycle helmet, which is not rated and really not suited for high performance auto driving events.

The oldest helmet that most track outfits, and therefore most insurance companies allow as of today is a SNELL 2000, which approximates the date of the design.  I have a few older helmets that are SNELL 2000, one that is SNELL 2005 and another one that is SNELL 2010.  As you can see from this info, race car helmets are updated about every 5 years.

To find the helmet's rating, simply fold back the padding inside the helmet and you should find a sticker that is placed inside the helmet by the maker.  The sticker will include the rating.

Additionally, most folks prefer a "closed face" helmet which has a visor that protects your face and eyes.  I prefer an open face helmet and strongly recommend that if you wear an open face helmet, you also wear protective glasses that are shatter resistant.  I can't tell you how many times I've had sand, small rocks, rubber chips, etc. bounce off of my driving glasses while running around a race track.

See you at the track,

Dan  <2

Jay M

Thanks Dan, I'll look at it tonight.  Mine is closed face, and I really don't like it.  But with what you say about debris flying in at you, maybe I'll just be content with closed face.

~Jay
2004 Convertible, Red, custom tan interior

Derek

hey Dan,
The safety glasses u are referring to are z87 rated. if u look on the inside part of the glasses the part that goes over ur ear u will see a z87, if u don't that means they are not impact resistant. We are required to use these types of safety glasses at my work thats how i know.

ACRBruce

I'm signed up and ready to RUMBLEEEEEEEEEEEEE..... =15

PCH VIPER

Quote from: ACRBruce on April 11, 2012, 02:57:11 PM
I'm signed up and ready to RUMBLEEEEEEEEEEEEE..... =15

GREAT !   Looking forward to seeing you do your magic.

Now where is the Stig ???
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ACRBruce

Quote from: ViperX on April 02, 2012, 12:58:27 PM
Hey Ben,

I'll take their bet's too.  After your performance in the Palm Springs Auto X, YOU are the favorite my friend.....besides, Justin, aka "the stig" lives in Georgia now and Bruce Li just had a little girl so he hasn't been out practicing.

Bruce, can you make this event?

Dan  <2

Not to mention not been practicing, I haven't even taken the snake out of its pit in months, I see rust on the rotors, air out of its tires...  After so many sleepless nights dealing with the baby, I can't even see straight myself, and then late last year, crashed my Ford GT while going straight   >o.... so I'd be happy if I didn't mow half the cones down in my first run and get Drew all upset at me.  But I promise I'll stay away from those timing lights.  ^8  But can't wait to come back out and PLAY again...  >g

ViperX

Quote from: ACRBruce on April 11, 2012, 09:09:10 PM
Not to mention not been practicing, I haven't even taken the snake out of its pit in months, I see rust on the rotors, air out of its tires...  After so many sleepless nights dealing with the baby, I can't even see straight myself, and then late last year, crashed my Ford GT while going straight   >o.... so I'd be happy if I didn't mow half the cones down in my first run and get Drew all upset at me.  But I promise I'll stay away from those timing lights.  ^8  But can't wait to come back out and PLAY again...  >g

Looking forward to see you out "at play" again.

Dan

Derek

Where do I get signed up and what kind of PPE will be required?
Only a helmet?

Jay M

I think I'm registered.  It seemed a little too easy.

thanks,
~Jay
2004 Convertible, Red, custom tan interior

NK BREKR

Quote from: Derek on April 12, 2012, 11:33:00 AM
Where do I get signed up and what kind of PPE will be required?
Only a helmet?

Derek,

Click the following http://socalviper.com/events/pomona-ccc-2012-paypal/ or you can go to the 1st page of this thread and click on the big CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AND PAY WITH PAYPAL!!!

Jay,
Lance has made it very easy to register, so if it was easy, you did it right  >v

PCH VIPER

Quote from: Jay M on April 12, 2012, 02:03:12 PM
I think I'm registered.  It seemed a little too easy.

thanks,
~Jay

Hi Jay,
Got your confirmation thru PayPal !  Thank you.  Looking forward to seeing you out there.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Speedtactics

Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

Derek

OH YEAH!

Im registered and good to GO!
my dad as well.

We will see you guys out there!
Can't wait!  <L