You're on Dan! But if Justin D. or Bruce L. show up we're done.  =27
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

Derek

Quote from: PCH VIPER on March 29, 2012, 09:59:19 PM
Hey Derek,
You will not be disappointed with this event.
I was really hoping to have all the details posted on this event, but we are waiting on the catering company to come back with food costs before I can finalize everything.

BUT as Dan says:
We will do a short driver's meeting in the morning.
We will have 2 driving stations set up.
Lunch
More driving in the afternoon
Clean up and a possible dinner

We always sell this event out at 50 cars and I have no doubt this will be the case again this year.
We always get a lot of driving time and we will be doing everything we can to ensure that everyone gets the same again this year.

is this event only for Vipers? or other people as well?
How soon do i need to let u know im in before its to late?

PCH VIPER

Good question Derek.
Short answers first:
Yes, Vipers only
You may bring a guest (small additional $ charge)
I should have the registration up in the next day or two.  Registration for the event will likely close on May 14th.

Long answers:
Yes, this is a Viper only event AND you must be a current VCA member.   You may ask Why? and the reason is this;
In order to put on an event like this, it takes a lot of resources (money).  The VCA helps us with obtaining the proper Liability Insurance which is required anytime we "rent" a venue.   The Venue itself to rent for a private event is not cheap. We therefore use our Club funds to heavily subsidize events like this.   It is such a catch 22 situation.  If Viper owners don't pay their dues and become members of the VCA, we don't get any money to put on events like this.  If we don't have cool events like this, Viper owners don't want to join.  Bottom line is that we want everyone to be able to participate, but being a VCA Member should and does have its benefits.

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Derek

Thats awesome!
I'd love to see 50 Viper out there running around the track!

Im going to really have to think this over, But i think i may be attending. Will my dad be able to ride in the car also when we are on the track? And what kind of PPE (personal protective equipment) will we be needing for this event?
Only a helmet work? or do i need one of those special suits? and other stuff?

ViperX

Hey Derek,

I'll recommend a helmet, closed toe shoes and cotton socks, long cotton pants and long sleeve cotton shirt.

Dan  <2

ViperX

Quote from: Banzai Ben on March 30, 2012, 10:03:56 PM
You're on Dan! But if Justin D. or Bruce L. show up we're done.  =27

Hey Ben,

I'll take their bet's too.  After your performance in the Palm Springs Auto X, YOU are the favorite my friend.....besides, Justin, aka "the stig" lives in Georgia now and Bruce Li just had a little girl so he hasn't been out practicing.

Bruce, can you make this event?

Dan  <2

10 BANGR

Hey Lance,
Are helmets required.
I did not see specifics on driver and/or passanger safety requirements for the event.
I'm planning on bringing my kids.
Demoe - 2006 SRT10 VERT BLACK / GRAPHITE METALLIC STRIPES

Derek

Alright i think im in for this event!
im gonna bail out on my race that same day to make this event! I would really like to get my car on a track and get to know it better. ive got 5 or 6 races this year and im sure if i bail out on 1 ill be ok as far as the point go.
So count me in!

BTW how fast of speeds do we get up to on this kinda track?

Scottp

Lance,

Please count me in - this looks like a great time.

Should be freshened up from Spring Mountain.

Scottp

PCH VIPER

Quote from: 10 BANGR on April 02, 2012, 05:01:13 PM
Hey Lance,
Are helmets required.
I did not see specifics on driver and/or passanger safety requirements for the event.
I'm planning on bringing my kids.

Hey Demoe,
I'll be talking with Dan about this very shortly.
Helmets will be very likely required.  Other stuff will be decided on shortly.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Jay M

I bought a helmet about 7 years ago.  how can I tell if it meets today's standards?

thanks,
~Jay
2004 Convertible, Red, custom tan interior