SuperCharged Viper GTS B/W PICS And Video!!!!

Started by Derek, March 08, 2012, 09:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derek

Well had a chance to finally get out and get some nice pics of the Viper.
Here a lil info about me and whatnot...

Name is Derek Short.
Im new to the Viper Club. Ive always loved Vipers since i was a little kid. Im now 26 and my dream of owning a Viper has finally came true! Ive been looking off and on for 2 years i'd say. And about 6 months ago I came across one that i just fell in love with. Everything about it was just what i was looking for. The Color, the performance mods, the mileage, the price, and it was somewhat local! only 3 hrs up the road 1 way. not bad at all. Anyways long story short went up check it all out like it so made arrangements to pick it up the following week :)

Now here is a cool little story prior to me owning my first Viper. I was probably 22 give or take at the time and the church i was attending one of the guys that went there had a friend that happen to own a 00' Viper GTS. I got to talking to the guy and told him how i love Vipers and how they are my dream car yada yada.... when i was done talking with him i jokingly / hopeingly lol if thats even a word. said, "hey if you every want to let me drive it that would be awesome!" Then later on that night before he left he called me over and said "hey next time i bring the Viper Ill let you drive it!" I was just in awww.... but was super excited! Now long story short took a few months before i actually got to drive it but from then on he would let me take it on the weekends, i would detail it for him, change the oil, basic maintenance and whatnot and he would let me drive it. Mind you i was only 22ish at the time. I mean what kinda person just gives the keys to a Viper to a 22 year old kid? Well from that point on i was really sold and could not wait to own my own Viper. I would remember on sunday night having to take the viper back home and wishing it could stay with me in the garage lol.

Well i was planning on purchasing that Viper but a year or 2 later he posted it for sale and at that time i was not financially ready to purchase a Viper so i had to let it go.... But on the bright side it kinda worked out. Because i now own my dream car! A Blue with White Stripes SuperCharged Viper GTS!

Hope you all enjoyed my little story. I still have to pinch myself every once in a while just to make sure its real and im not dreaming lol :)

Now for what you have all been waiting for, the pics and video!

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE YOUTUBE VIDEO...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH5YvmeJ67c

AceFang

Welcome to the SoCal Viper community!!  Congratulations on your '96 GTS.  It is a classic car and looks beautiful.  Hard work, saving your money, and good investing does pay off.  I am looking forward to meeting you in person at one of our events.
John Bennett

Derek

hey thanks!
Ill be at the auto X event in indio this up coming weekend.
It will be my first time taking the car out on a track and seeing what it can do.

PCH VIPER

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

NK BREKR

Great looking Viper, but I think I saw some brake dust on one of the wheels  ^8

ViperX

Beautiful GTS,

You might be the only young guy I've met that I'd let detail my car - you're a picky as I am!

Now, get some fresh rubber for that baby and go have some fun!

Dan  <2

Derek

Quote from: ViperX on March 09, 2012, 10:16:17 AM
Beautiful GTS,

You might be the only young guy I've met that I'd let detail my car - you're a picky as I am!

Now, get some fresh rubber for that baby and go have some fun!

Dan  <2

im a bit of a perfectionist. to say the least. And im a very picky person. One thing that i noticed when i was at the DC Performance DYNO day was i saw a lot of Viper's more dirty than my daily driver, a 00' ford ranger. I was very surprised that as much money people spend on a viper they are not taking better care of them. Maybe its just me but i take care of my things. no matter how cheap or expensive they are.

Yes i do plan to get some fresh rubber for it. just got to save up a little bit more....

Thanks guys for the great feedback!

Ill be at the Auto X event this next weekend so u all can see the car in person. BTW it looks better in person :)

PCH VIPER

I think I just got  <F

In my defense, the guys that usually wash my car (Art, Ben and Eddie) have been very busy lately.   >1
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Derek

I was going through some of my pics and came across this old pic from when i used to drive my buddy 00' Viper GTS before i got my own.