Drive Laguna Seca with Speed Ventures June 29, 30, July 1

Started by ViperX, March 06, 2012, 10:04:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Great pics Scott,

Don't think I'd want to run any wider tires (315 x 30 x 18) or lower the car any more based upon what I see in the last pic of me going down the "Corkscrew"...... and that's with 900 in/lb front springs!

Dan  <2

Speedtactics

Dan,
The car looks good there. A lot of cars were dragging the front splitters there. Ours did not drag. >g
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

ViperX

Hey Scott,

No drag at all.  Sure looks close though.

Also, this is why I suggested you keep your SSR wheels.  As you can see by my pic, the tires (even 315's) tuck nicely up inside the fender well and don't rub.  Don't know of any other 18 x 11 front wheel that will do this with a 315 on it.

Dan

PCH VIPER

Laguna Seca was probably one of the best times I have ever had at a track.  This place is so cool to just walk around and take in.   Being able to actually go out and drive it is a dream come true !   

Here are some of the pictures I took and of course all the rest are up on my site  www.kouchicentral.com

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

PCH VIPER

PCH VIPER

Rocketman

Quote from: PCH VIPER on July 06, 2012, 10:47:55 PM
Laguna Seca was probably one of the best times I have ever had at a track.  This place is so cool to just walk around and take in.   Being able to actually go out and drive it is a dream come true !  

So true !!!!  Having the Viper there would have made it a perfect weekend; but, I really could not have had any more fun on track.  It was like being allowed to go on the big-boy roller coaster 70+ times in one weekend !   One day, I'm afraid that I might grow up and not be able to appreciate this kind of thing...  NOT.

Here is a video that captures the event as it actually happened - in my head.    http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=sPjM1m4MvcY&vq=large#t=0  
Hey, same lines, same lap times, same exhilaration !!  (almost)

Jim Schlemm
Jim
'02 GTS ACR  Gray/silver

Chandler AZ

ViperX

This track was remarkably smooth compared with other tracks I've driven, except for the "rumble strips" at the apexes, which were very rough.

Not sure when I'll make it back due to the distance and the cost, but I did buy a patch for my driving suit!

Dan  <2

Rocketman

I saw that Garry Grant posted a video on Youtube of a 1.34.1  lap.  That was a just a bit faster than my best.  LOL.
It sure looked snooth, compared to what the in car video for the ACR track record run looked like.   
Jim
'02 GTS ACR  Gray/silver

Chandler AZ