DRIVE Auto Club Speedway w/Speed Ventures Feb 25 & 26

Started by ViperX, January 03, 2012, 05:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Hey Guys,

Title says it all.  Speed Ventures will be running the "Roval", a combination of the NASCAR Oval and the infield track at Auto Club Speedway February 25 and 26.

Run groups are available for beginner, intermediate, advanced and race.  

Instruction is usually available.

For more info or to sign up, go to: www.speedventures.com

See you at the track,

Dan   <2

PS  Speed Ventures is running Auto Cross this weekend too!

G-Force aka Garry G

I will be coming for sure!  Last time I ran Fontana was Jan 14th and 15th (No other vipers to play with) so I had to eat up a pro driver in a Porsche GT3 RS!  He didn't like it to much, he was trying to block me and defend the line (well the entire track)  Check out the action on my YouTube!  I had a passenger and my rear axle boots were shredded and still turned a 1:45.1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6mUxdASjrw&list=UUy_FNopIsE2okoh0_srY_lQ&feature=plcp

See you all soon!

NK BREKR

Excellent driving Gary!  It looked like you were at an All-u-Can eat Porsche buffet (4 by my count).  Thanks for sharing!

G-Force aka Garry G

OMG that is so funny!  That viper is just crazy!

cheers and thanks for the humor and kudos!

GG

Banzai Ben

That is a very cool video, great driving! Kickin' some Porsche and GTR butt! Nice!  >v
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

PCH VIPER

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

redtanrt10

Gary,

Nice times!  Ben told me about this video over the weekend at Willow.

I was the lone viper too in Novemeber when everyone went to Pahrump.  Noticed your staying down on the line in the oval, faster line, more stable or??  Do you have the '10 5th gear?

Hope to see you at CA on the Saturday.  I'm going to Willow the following weekend, want to go to fontana but since these are back to back weekends, not sure.

Take care!  Mike

ViperX

Quote from: redtanrt10 on January 23, 2012, 09:11:47 AM
Gary,

Nice times!  Ben told me about this video over the weekend at Willow.

I was the lone viper too in Novemeber when everyone went to Pahrump.  Noticed your staying down on the line in the oval, faster line, more stable or??  Do you have the '10 5th gear?

Hope to see you at CA on the Saturday.  I'm going to Willow the following weekend, want to go to fontana but since these are back to back weekends, not sure.

Take care!  Mike

Hey Mike,

Gary's car is a 2010!

Hey Gary,

Fun watching the videos.

Hope to see you soon.

Dan

ViperX

Well Guys,

With the West Coast Racing event the following weekend, i.e. March 3 & 4, I will not be driving Fontana this time.

Just too much to do with the Buttonwillow Trip, then the New York trip, then off to Spring Mountain.

See you at the track,

Dan  <2

PCH VIPER

Hey Dan,
Do you know if anyone else will be out there?

PCH VIPER

Looks like I'm going straight to Pechanga after the Cuban Buffet    =28

G-Force aka Garry G

OK a few Viper Members have been asking what kind of Cam set up I have and what I am using for data and or Data / Video overlay.  Here is the scoop

I currently use the AIM MXL Pista Pro Data Acquisition, it has a cool dash and show lap times, speed, gear and oil temp as well as a flashing light for fuel.  I am however going to change that to the Motec Club Racer data.  The reason is they are many more Motec users and Professional Drivers using that system and you can over lay data from some of the Top Pros to see exactly where they are gaining time and you are loosing time.  Its was a real eye opener at the last track event at Willow Spring.  I only looked at it and the last day and shaved 2 seconds off my time at Willow Springs to a 1:26 from a 1:28.

The camera used on this Video is very good.  Its the Smarty Cam!  Its has its own GPS that you set with the Aim or Motec and automatically overlays the data for you.  I have the throttle and brake sensors installed as extras so you can see the amount of break and throttle.

The third system I use (Yes I am a nut for redundancy) Is the new Traqmate Track Dash!  I LOVE THIS as you can actually see your lap times and it has a progressive feature that show if you are going faster or slower than the previous / or Best lap of the session.  This system works well for me.

Any more questions please don't hesitate to ask, you can e-mail me at [email protected]

ALSO and NOTE FROM CHRYSLER for ALL Viper ACR 1:33 Car owners.  The Replacement RED wheels are scheduled for shipment in Mid March so hopefully we will see our new wheels at the end of march.  I was just told that about 5 Minutes ago.  Maybe Dan or Lance and post this as a separate Heading in the forums!

Garry G