AUTO X W/CORVETTE CLUB, INDIO

Started by Pam, December 05, 2011, 07:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCH VIPER

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

PCH VIPER

It was a great battle and very few cones were killed.

It was really fun to listen to the times being announced with each pass and hearing which team had the lowest time.  It went back and forth which made it exciting and with seconds left on the clock,the final passes were being made.....Ben lays down the fastest overall time on his last pass !

41.197 !!!

PCH VIPER

Team Viper won the challenge and the traveling Trophy is ours for one year.  We will go back next year to defend our Win !

Great driving everyone  !!!

Viper Blondie

VERY NICELY DONE !!!  From the planning, to the activities, the members to the pictures!  Thank you for the hard work putting this event together.  Now to plan the re-match in the fall...  >m

NK BREKR

Excellent work fellas!

Big thanks to Anthony, Corvette Club, and Mr. President for putting on a great event!

Congratulations to Ben on his lightning fast lap!  Tanner Foust ain't got nuthin' on you! <19

Speedtactics

Hey guys great fun this weekend here is a link to the photos I shot of everyones last run. I hope I got shots of all of you. Feel free to click on the image and each page has a download link to download a larger version.
http://gallery.me.com/hirkophoto#102757
Hirk
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

Viper Blondie

THANKS HIRK!  These are great!   >v

PCH VIPER

Great pictures Hirk !
BUT I really think we should give the credit to Mrs. Hirk   >1

<F

Banzai Ben

A BIG thank you to Lance, Anthony, and the Palm Springs Corvette Club for putting on such a great event and arranging the Vette-Viper only run group. It was really nice to get all our runs in the two hour session so we didn't have to wait around all day.
Thanks to Dan, Drew, Juan, and Anthony for their great driving to help us win the team competition.
And, thanks Mr. and Mrs. Hirk and Lance for the great pics.
It was really nice seeing everyone else too, fantastic weekend!  >v
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

ViperX

My hat is off to you Ben.

You really earned your nickname "Banzai Ben" as that's how your last run looked from where I sat.  You really hauled buns.

Excellent job.  

Now, for the huge side bet on next years Auto X, I propose the usual Diet Coke for the fastest time, purchased by the #2 spot (first loser per NASCAR).

I think we'd both better watch out for Drew next time; but maybe I'll do some extra "prep" work on Cathy's Viper just for Drew before the next AutoX ...... like changing from PS2's to some old, crummy run flats or maybe pulling a couple of spark plug wires.....Oh yeah, it's a team event - maybe not.  >w

Dan  <2

PCH VIPER

It was a great Team Event and the top five really showed their skills.

Ben  41.197      Dan  42.373     Drew  42.705    Juan  43.466     Anthony  43.608   
Even more impressive was the fact that Ben, Drew and Anthony were on street tires. 

ViperX

Quote from: PCH VIPER on March 19, 2012, 08:19:32 PM
It was a great Team Event and the top five really showed their skills.

Ben  41.197      Dan  42.373     Drew  42.705    Juan  43.466     Anthony  43.608   
Even more impressive was the fact that Ben, Drew and Anthony were on street tires. 

FYI, Ben was on Kumho Ecsta V700's with a tread wear rating of "50" (same as Hoosiers), these are about the stickiest street tires you can buy, if you can find them.

Drew and Anthony were on real street tires, i.e. Michelins, while Juan and I were on Hoosiers.

If we hope to have a shot at a repeat, we should all pick up a set of Kumho's or equivalent sticky tires (Hoosier A 6s?) for our next contest with the Vette guys as it's likely that they will come "loaded for bear" next time.

Dan   >v

Derek

Hey just check out all the pics you took Scott/Laura, wow you got quite a few pics of everyone!

Thanks so much for posting those!
Great Job!  <1

Newport Viper

Melissa and I had a blast! A big THANK YOU to the Corvette Club and Anthony for everything!

It also brought us closer together as a couple!.......

04 SRT-10

hemotox

Quote from: PCH VIPER on March 19, 2012, 12:36:41 PM
Team Viper won the challenge and the traveling Trophy is ours for one year.  We will go back next year to defend our Win !

Great driving everyone  !!!

Kinds looks like a chain gang working on a Nevada Highway?  Do I see OJ in the crowd with a hat on?

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008