AUTO X W/CORVETTE CLUB, INDIO

Started by Pam, December 05, 2011, 07:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derek

Quote from: 10 BANGR on March 12, 2012, 05:54:08 PM
Looks like rain on Sunday according to the forecast.
I hope it doesn't come early.

i just checked and looks like rain on saturday 2 possibly....
if it does rain will the event be canceled and re-scheduled?
i don't drive my car in the rain...

ViperX

Hey Guys,

I found two Las Casuelas restaurants, one in Palm Springs, the other in Rancho Mirage.  Which one are we having lunch at?

Also, do we have a dinner spot yet?  The first post says dinner will be close to the hotel.

Dan

PCH VIPER

Las Casuelas is only 4 miles from the Farigrounds on the corner of  Hwy 111 and Washington.

Sat. night dinner is at Ciro's Italian Ristorante which is 3 miles from the Hotel.

Anthony is printing up driving instructions for us which we will hand out on Sat. morning as well.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

ViperX

Derek

Quote from: Derek on March 13, 2012, 06:21:55 AM

1HOTACR

If your planing to run with the "Big Dogs" purchase some rain gear and bring some detail spray.
   " A little spot of sunshine"  Palm Springs ... Nice! <1
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

PCH VIPER

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Derek

been checking the weather off and on looks like rain pretty much for sure sat. here in San Diego but in Indio looks like only clouds and 20% chance of rain...

i really want to make this event. i already canceled my other plans i had going this weekend so i could attend this. but if its driving in rain for auto x, and then 3 hrs drive home in more rain does not sounds like fun to me. So ill keep checking everything and ill keep you guys posted.

Derek

what time will everyone be showing up on friday?
i just called and they don't have any more rooms left.
i made arrangements at another hotel down the road about 2 miles away.

i am going to keep an eye on the weather forecast and decide tomorrow weather i will be going or not. i have til 6 pm tomorrow to cancel the room.

Jay M

Will this event be rain or shine?  I think today is the last day I can cancel my room reservation.

~Jay
2004 Convertible, Red, custom tan interior

Ryan

I'm in the same boat, I don't drive my car in the rain either. I was looking forward to this event, but I'm not going to drive in the rain for two hours their and two hours back. Really disappointed... stupid weather!

ViperX

Normally, it doesn't rain much in Indio.

Saturday shows basically no rain with two one hundredths of an inch on Saturday night and Sunday shows a 20% chance of rain with one tenth of an inch of rain for the day.

Not sure where you guys are coming from, but it looks like a much greater chance of rain nearer the coast.

We're planning to drive out Friday early afternoon, play on Saturday, then come home after a late breakfast on Sunday morning.

Dan

hemotox

I have been here since yesterday and it is clear skies and 85 degrees.  Not a hint of any change in the weather patterns up to today.  Weather predictions in So Cal are highly over-rated!  However, there may be a storm in LA on Saturday.

Palm Springs Forecast

Weather patterns as of 3-15-12

<2

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

Derek

ive been checking many different weather scores and im saying screw it! im going out on friday evening and getting a room which ive already booked and hope for the best! i have a feeling that the weather will hold out long enough for us to have some auto X fun!

See you all soon!  =15

10 BANGR

C'on people. Snakes are not afraid of a little water.
Just think of that huge rooster tail behind you during the Auto-X.
Demoe - 2006 SRT10 VERT BLACK / GRAPHITE METALLIC STRIPES