UNVEILING OF NEW VIPER, APRIL 4, NY AUTO SHOW

Started by Pam, December 05, 2011, 06:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derek

Soooo....
What does everyone think about the New Viper??????????

I like it, don't care too much for the tail light but it may grow on me...
LOVE the Interior on it tho!

So how many local so-cal Viper peep's will be picking one up?

Can't wait to see one in person!

MoparMan

Saw my next car this morning. Hopefully, there'll be a good selection of base colors and stripe colors; that red just isn't me.

Need to sell the GTS now...

PCH VIPER

Hello from the Big Apple !
It was a BEAUTIFUL day in Manhattan with lots of great sightseeing.
A whole bunch of us met up for lunch and then everyone converged on the Skylight SoHo for the unveiling party.
Most of you have already seen the new Gen V, but for us here in NY, we were waiting to see it in person.
All I can say is WOW !

There was an incredible electricity in the air as we all waited to see the Viper.
Truly an amazing evening and worth the trip back.

Here are just a few pics and as always, all the pictures are up on my site. ( I just basically uploaded pictures and will sort thru them when I get home.  www.kouchicentral.com

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Bad News

We watched the unveiling here at home on the webcam and were caught up in the excitement.  Well done presentation throughout the unveiling!  The interior is amazing, and the upgrades very interesting.  Kind of puts the car into a different class, out of the simple, hard core track type and into something more like the other high end sports cars.  I'm waiting to actually see one that someone owns and drives. 
'01 Red RT10

HyperViper

Watched the unveiling as well.

I gotta say Lance, those last 2 pics look incredible. That front pic is the best I have seen. wow!
Ron & Nora ..San Diego...08 Vert..Black w/ White Stripes

SSSSE YA

Watched the unveiling as well @ work. I love the New Viper it is going to a beast and the interior is incredible. Can't wait to drive her @ VOI. <2

Jay M

Good job Lance!  I also agree that the front picture you took is better than any professional shots I have seen.  You really captured the snake eyes look that the designers were going for.

I love the new car.  I hope to see one in LA sometime soon.  I'm looking forward to the day when I can afford one. 

I used to think the next step from a Viper would be a Ferrari or Aston Martin.  Now I think the next step up is a Gen V.  Seriously, what do the other cars have to offer over the Viper now besides excessive maintenance costs?

~Jay
2004 Convertible, Red, custom tan interior

Newport Viper

Thanks for the pics Lance. Got to love being a part of the BEST car club in the world!

I really want to see the car with the SRT hood and 5 spokes. That will be more my speed.

For Sale one well taken care of 2004 SRT-10!
04 SRT-10

ViperX

Guys,

Having seen the car "up close and personal' at the unveiling and then again at the NY Auto show, I can tell you that as good as you may think it looks in pictures, it's much better in person......and that red is AWESOME in person.

SRT really upgraded the Viper into a world class sports car.   >v  Now, which ones do I have to sell to be able to afford a new one?

Also, FYI, VCA member orders will be given first priority, so if you aren't currently a member, you will want to join or renew your membership if a Gen V Viper is in your future.

Dan  <2

hemotox

The below web site have some great informaiton and videos of the new 2013 SRT Viper

Click from the option list on the left "Launch Videos" and find some great information

http://www.drivesrt.com/srt-viper/

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

ViperX

Great link Doc,

We received a thumb drive in NY that has a bunch of this data on it, just haven't had time to review all of it.

Dan