the San Diego Police Department is asking for OUR help!!! Please read!!

Started by ACPerformance, December 09, 2012, 09:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Fangs

Weather report for Sat is for heavy rain over night and into early morning. The rain should pass, then becoming scattered and much lighter depending on where you are.

Should be clearing late morning and into afternoon, but 40% chances of scattered showers.

Many will be bringing Vipers, while those wishing to drive other cars are most welcome to join in the fun.

Temps in the 60's mean a you get a chance to wear one of your Viper jackets that has been hanging in your closet for years : >).

THis will be a Grinch free event : >) <K <L <K <L >j
Paul & Teresa 09 Coupe

HyperViper

Unless someone already chimed in I would like to be considered to drive along on the caravan on December 22nd. Car is Black and White so might fit in well with SDPD cruisers.

See you all tomorrow

Ron
Ron & Nora ..San Diego...08 Vert..Black w/ White Stripes

PCH VIPER

Quote from: ACPerformance on December 14, 2012, 09:57:50 AM
Hello everyone, this is Kevin from SDPD. I just want to let everybody know how shocked and impressed I am by the gratitude of the viper community! I knew it was going to be hard to get something organized last minute and could not have done it without Todd's help and everyone's generosity!  The juvenile service team was shocked last Friday when they went to pick the toys up and realized toys for tots was unable to fulfill their requirements for the families (approx. 300 children) they had already sponsored.

I have about 30 parking spots in our employee lot blocked off for tomorrow. It looks like we are supposed to have rain overnight and it should taper off by the morning. I'm thinking we will be at the Mid-City Division around 11:30am and the rain should be done by then. I'm crossing my fingers that the rain ends a lot sooner than expected! I keep refreshing the weather status hoping for a change! 

Rain or shine, the children still will have Christmas so we will still have the barbecue. I will be bringing my viper along no matter what the weather is like. If you do not want to bring your viper out in the rain I understand and we still welcome you!

The presents will be wrapped and on December 22nd there will be a caravan of police cars driving around handing presents out with Santa to the sponsored families. The caravan will be covered by the news as it leaves our station and drives to the first few houses. I would like to extend an invite out to have two vipers drive with the caravan on the 22nd and that way we can thank the Viper Club and A&C performance on the news with the vipers present.

Thank you for all the help with this last minute toy drive! I hope to see everyone tomorrow so I can thank you in person!

Kevin,
I have been trying hard to move things around so that I can come down and physically show my support for this.
Unfortunately family schedules are first and I just can't fit this one in....But I will be there in spirit !   

I have a big box of toys that I will be shipping directly to your station on Monday via UPS.
Who's attention should I send the box to?

Lance
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Derek

Quote from: HyperViper on December 14, 2012, 05:46:16 PM
Unless someone already chimed in I would like to be considered to drive along on the caravan on December 22nd. Car is Black and White so might fit in well with SDPD cruisers.

See you all tomorrow

Ron

Love the idea ron. 1 thing that i think would really be sweet is a Viper Police car. I suggest having some temporary white police stickers made and put on the side of the viper. white lettering saying "Police" would look great with ur black n white viper. gotta give it the full effect!

ACPerformance

Mr. Fangs

Todd & all.

Weather has cleared up nicely here in San Diego. The sun is out, and no rain in sight. The roads are still a little damp in spots, but looks like it shoudl be a good day for the toy run.

See everybody at the park and ride  <m
Paul & Teresa 09 Coupe

Derek

just checked the weather. still overcast in areas... weather shows sun for the next few hrs... im debating on bringing the viper... but ill be there either way...

Mr. Fangs

Christmas toy follow up.

This event was a huge success. The weather could not have turned out better, and the skies were blue, and the sun was out. Not a drop of rain fell the entire event.

The police opened up their impound lot for us to stage our Vipers at the Police station. Nice and safe way to park, however some of us were wondering if it wasn't some really clever trick to impound all our cars.

Each Viper was stuffed to the gills with toys and goodies for the kids. The Police had surveyed the local schools, churches, hospitals etc, and found many really nice kids that were unlikely to recieve any gifts because of their home situation. Even some families that were living in their cars were told where to meet up and recieve their gifts.

We staged a nose to nose picture of a police car and a Viper with all the gifts piled around.

The Police set up a nice barbeque lunch for us with all the fixin's. Gave us a chance to meet with them, and mingle. They have invited a couple Vipers to join in them on the 22nd when they distribute the toys to the kids.

Todd did a fantastic job putting this together. Plans are in the works to make it an annual event.

Merry Christmas to all... <1 =a
Paul & Teresa 09 Coupe

Magnus

Here's some photos from today! Click the photo for higher resolution.

PCH VIPER

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Speedtactics

Sorry we missed this event. It would be close to a 4 hour drive for me to make this. Just couldn't do it this time.
Great turn out way to go Viper club!
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

Derek

i was a little bit under the weather was not feeling 100% and with a possible chance of rain i was really not feeling like showing up. but a few hrs later i notice some sun peeking threw and the sky starting to clear up. i had started feeling a little better. checked the weather and said im going with the Viper!

Glad i made the trip out. Met a few more local SD Viper guys. such as kevin and a few others. Glad the viper club was able to make this a success!

ViperX

Special Thanks to Todd at A & C, Kevin of SDPD, Paul Hawker and all of the San Diego Viper guys for making this happen.

Talking with the SD PD guys and touring their station was an added bonus.

The kids should enjoy our donations as there were some pretty cool toys.

Dan

Derek

Last saturday my dad, mom, and myself went along with the SDPD to deliver the gifts to the kids. It was really really awesome to watch the kids faces light up when the received their gifts! It made me really happy to be part of it!

Here are some pics...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Me and kevin had a little fun at one of our stops dropping gifts off...

I got BUSTED!  <F by the ELF Police!

BIG THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO DONATED!