WILLOW SPIRNGS with WEST COAST RACING Oct 22 & 23.

Started by ViperX, August 09, 2011, 05:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catwood

Sweet...I have a ton of work to do this weekend, hopefully I can get it all done.  The new springs arrived last night along with a set of tires.  Prep  time!

VIPER28

Dan,

I don't have a Fire Extinguisher for this race.
Do you know of a good setup for a street Viper?

Thanks,
Angel

PCH VIPER

Hey Angel,
You can put the typical fire extinguisher that mounts right in front of the passenger seat. These usually run about $140 - 170 (I have one that I took out of my car I'll sell you if you want)

The best way to go is the plumbed halon system.

Bottle mounted next to the battery

Fire pull

hard lines to the front of the car

Engine bay nozzles

Nozzle in the foot well

Keep in mind that the fires systems are in the cars for the primary reason of giving you the added minute or two to get out of the car before it is totally engulfed in flames.  They generally are not designed to save a car from fire.

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

1HOTACR

Quote from: VIPER28 on October 14, 2011, 06:18:07 PM
Dan,

I don't have a Fire Extinguisher for this race.
Do you know of a good setup for a street Viper?

Thanks,
Angel
Angel contact Scott Hirko. He can also fix you up with a passenger seat set up this week.
      speedtactics.com       Glenn........
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

ViperX

Hi Angel,

The fire "bottle" that mounts to the passenger side front seat "bolts" will satisfy most track outfits if you're just running time trial or lapping sessions but not if you are racing.

I ran with the bottle for quite a while and have fire bottles in Cathy's car and in my black convertible.  Just makes sense.

I had the Halon system installed in my ACR as Lance and others have.  Brian Kono did a very nice job.

I hope I never have to use it!

Dan  <19

VIPER28

Thank you guys for of all of your input and the pictures posted.

It makes sense to run the fire bottle on this car. The fire supression system looks great, and wouldn't mind running that system when I get my ACR.

See you at Willow Springs.

Angel

catwood

heads up!
I buddy that races stop by tonight while I was prepping the car.  Says Willow has been repaved now HOWEVER, his group, the porsche club ran a couple of weeks ago. They had more offs that weekend than ever before and the track was slower than it was before.  Let's all be safe.  If you have an off, both feet in.  Clutch and brake....get the car stopped. 

ViperX

Carl,

I've heard the same thing.

Track repaved recently.  Traction / feel different than before.

Let's all start out at a medium pace and move up from there.

D

redtanrt10

Carl/Dan

thanks for the heads up!  I hear you Dan about taking it easy, haven't been there in 18 months.  I'm going to start in blue and see how the traffic is between blue and red then adjust.  Also with your comments I'll be careful not to push others from behind in the fast corners

I'm going to stay with my cousin Friday night in Pasedena, then see you guys early Sunday

Dan, hope you grab that end garage so I can park my trailer close.  I'll get a room at your hotel, how about suggesting a dinner spot for all of us?

Carl, looking forward to catching up with you!  It will be great to see your red ACR in action, don't think I've seen Dan track it for at least 3 years?

Mike

swisspower

Hi Sidewinders
I`m all signed up and look forward to drive Willow Springs my favorite track after a two year break from it.Was hoping to drive the first time on hoosiers to improve my best lap time (1.33)But had to settle again for Toyo`s R888. Could not find any used or new 315/30/18 Hossier (called Jb racing weekly for a couple of months) Tirerack out till beginning of year.
Is everybody just meeting at the track on Saturday morning at 7:ooam ?
Peter
Aka Swisspower

catwood

I have some extra shaved used Toyo R888  305/335 both 18".  I have 2 fronts and 2 rears that I'll have at the track.  They are a little old (slow) but will last the weekend.  I'm bringing them as back up but if someone wants them I might be convienced to sell them.  I would suspect the tire shop would be open but if not there is a tire shop in town.  I think both will mount for $15 a tire.

I'll be at the hotel Friday afternoon.  I don't know if I'll drop off the car at the track on Friday night or not.

Carl

Banzai Ben

Angel and I are driving out Sat morning. We plan to be there about 7:30. If anyone wants to cruise up with us let us know and we can meet off the 405 or 5 fwy.
I'm staying at the dumpy Carl's motel near the track on Sat night.
Ben
2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

redtanrt10

Ben, I just booked into Oxford too.  I'm staying  in Pasadena Friday night, I'm sure you and Angel will fly by me on the 14 Saturday am.   Mike

ViperX

Guys,

Cathy and I are driving up Friday and should be at the track by 4:00 PM.  Will drop the trailer, then head back to the hotel.

When you guys get up there, look for my Graphite trailer with "Viper" on the sides and back.

Scott P will be in his motor home and should be up Friday PM too.

Could not get a good garage this time (we tried), so no garage at all.

We plan to "Circle the Wagons" somewhere towards the back of the paddock.

Anybody up for dinner on Saturday night at the local Mexican Restaurant?

If so, let us know and we'll try to hold a few tables.

See you at the track,

Dan

catwood

cool, I may drop off at the track Friday night also if I can get there early enough.  I'm meeting my friend Steve from SLO.   Dinner might be in the cards though steve for what ever reason wants to go to Barones.  Maybe we can do that Friday night and hook up with you all for mexican.