Midland Walkie Talkies

Started by PCH VIPER, May 05, 2010, 09:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCH VIPER

Hey guys,
I was talking to the guys from Vegas and they use this walkie talkie on their runs.
Midland GXT1000VP4
They say they work really well.  I'm thinking that if we carried these it would be easier to communicate on our runs.
I just ordered a set through Amazon   $70.66 for a pair with all the accessories.
http://www.amazon.com/Midland-GXT1000VP4-50-Channel-Waterproof-Rechargeable/dp/B001WMFYH4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1273118517&sr=8-1

www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

NK BREKR

Hey Lance,
Wouldn't it be cheaper and more efficient if you just paid attention to the print out with the directions,  <F^8 =6 >1 <   

Ask Cousin Mike how he liked his scenic tour of Huntington Beach  >w

ViperX

We have a few walkie-talkies and the club owns a few too.  I think they are Motorola.

Sometimes they work well, sometimes they don't.  Mountain type runs can be challenging for radios.

They would likely work very well on the trip to VOI 11.

Dan

PCH VIPER

Quote from: NK BREKR on May 06, 2010, 08:46:15 AM
Hey Lance,
Wouldn't it be cheaper and more efficient if you just paid attention to the print out with the directions,  <F^8 =6 >1 <   

Ask Cousin Mike how he liked his scenic tour of Huntington Beach  >w

^8   ^8   ^8
I blame my navigator... >w

Hey Dan,  I have the Motorola ones too and they quite honestly weren't any good at all.

The Nev. guys all use the Midland GXT1000 with really good success so I figure I'd order a set and try it out at the next run.

kenalker

I can barely hear the radio inside my Viper.  Not sure walkie talkies would do me any good, although I like the idea of being able to communicate on a caravan.  Perhaps we should just get those 8' whip antennas with the big chrome threaded ball at the bottom like we used to have in the 70's on our Blazer's and Jeeps!?  We could attach them to the tow hook, or something, then dismount when we get to the track.  If I could Photoshop (has that become a verb yet?), I'd come up with a cool picture as a demo   >w

1HOTACR

And don't forget the orange flags on top like we use at the Dunes     ^8

Glenn..............
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

HISSSN1

I tried the motorola on our run and in the canyons they did not work well but on long open range they claim to work 33 miles.
2009 ACR VENOM B
2010 ACR-X Chassis #15
2015 HELLCAT CHARGER
2017 ACR E 1 of 1 Viper Detroit Battleship Gray
2019 Hellcat Redeye

PCH VIPER

Hey guys.....this is a must do !

Eddie and I tried the Midland GXT1000VP4 on the Angeles Crest run.  We also had the Motorola walkie talkies in the car.

The Midlands were hands down better in sound quality and most importantly range.  Eddie was at the front end of the caravan and I was last car.  Even stretched out in the windy canyon road by 3 - 5 miles we could still talk.

I had a hard time finding them, but it appears that they are back in stock.....and CHEAPER.  I paid 70.66.  They are now $64.48

http://www.amazon.com/Midland-GXT1000VP4-50-Channel-Waterproof-Rechargeable/dp/B001WMFYH4

This is a great thing to have when we are on our runs and much easier to use than the cell.

PCH VIPER

Hey Everyone,
Not sure how many have already purchased these, but they are great for our runs.
We used them on our run to Borrego Springs last week and it worked great.  

They are in stock for $63.74 with free shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_6_18?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=midland+gxt1000vp4&sprefix=midland+gxt1000vp4

10 BANGR

I'll be odering a set today. My motorolas are full of sand from duning in Glamis.
Demoe - 2006 SRT10 VERT BLACK / GRAPHITE METALLIC STRIPES