LAKE ARROWHEAD RUN - Sat. June 11

Started by Pam, January 22, 2011, 11:07:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCH VIPER

Cool deal !  Halie will be happy her cuz is coming  =14
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

hemotox

Any of you San Diego Viperidae who would like to get up a little earlier and meet us at Flo's at 7:45 here is the map.

I-15 > 91 West to > 71 North > 83 North (Euclid Avenue), right turn on Merrill Avenue, Chino Airport.

7000 Merrill Avenue, Chino Airport.  See you there!  Bring appetites!

2008 SRT10 Coupe Snake Skin Green with Silver Stripes, only 17 produced in 2008

hemotox

Just A Little Scientific Terminology for Viper Owners:

Solenoglyphous:

A Dictionary of Zoology
Solenoglyphous is applied to snakes that have long, hollow, articulated fangs which fold against the roof of the mouth when the jaws are closed. The fangs are the only teeth in the maxilla (upper jaw) and are capable of injecting venom deep into prey. The pit vipers (Crotalidae) and true vipers (Viperidae) are solenoglyphous

Opistoglyphous:

Opistoglyphous is applied to snakes that have enlarged teeth towards the rear of the maxilla (upper jaw) and smaller teeth in front. The fangs may be solid or with a groove to allow saliva to enter wounded prey. Spitting Cobras are in this class.

Proteroglyphous:

A Dictionary of Zoology
Proteroglyphous applied to snakes that have fangs at the front of the maxilla (upper jaw), often with small solid teeth behind. The fangs are hollow and short, as in cobras, mambas, and coral snakes (Elapidae).

So I guess we viperidae are Solenoglyphys !

hemotox

Cheveron Station in Rancho Cuccamonga going east on Foothill

HyperViper

Thanks for the offer for the biscuits and gravy,  >q but I won't even be to Fallbrook by 7:45

BTW how about a COIL of SNAKES?
Ron & Nora ..San Diego...08 Vert..Black w/ White Stripes

Mr. Fangs

Just got back from the run.

Day started out cloudy, with some drizzle in the air due to the coastal eddy.

The sun came out as we left San Diego, and brightened up as we got near to Riverside. >r

As we slithered up the mountainside, along fantastically beautiful scenery, the sun was out fully, and while the air was a refreshingly cool 65 degrees, the Vipers romped up the mile high ride to lunch. The cool air made the Viper engines pretty frisky, and the sweeping corners up the mountain were easy prey for the cars. <2

As we got out for lunch the clean mountain air, and bright sunshine made for a perfect day.

We munched on a yummy steak barbeque. The club took over the entire restaurant, and lots of good Viper friends got the chance for some good conversation over lunch.

The next stop was at the lake itself. Arrowhead has rarely looked better. The blue water was buzzing with water skiers and cris craft cruisers. The lake was full to the brim, and everybody was walking around smiling. >v

Lots of the club members made a bee line for the ice cream station, where the biggest decision was whether to order sugar or waffle cones. >p

As we laid around on the grassy knowl, the sun felt good, and the ice cream needed to be quickly licked down as it melted.

Special thanks to Lance for organizing all the stopping points, as well as the restaurant. We had reserved VIP parking at each stop. >s

Think it is now time for a nap, and some good memories of another successful Viper Run.
Paul & Teresa 09 Coupe

hemotox

Some images from the run today

Bad News

GREAT RIDE!  THANKS, LANCE!  Paul
'01 Red RT10

Pam

>w
It was a terrific day for a real fun Viper run, and I have to say THANKS LANCE!!! because he did ALL the work!  I just rode along, enjoyed the food (wasn't it great how easy we were able to get fed today?) and found so much to do in the little village.  Everyone seemed to fall right into finding what they enjoyed doing after lunch.  Again, thanks, Lance.  This was a good one.  And thanks, "Hemotox", for all the photos!  Much appreciated.
Now, Viper members, check out the other posts, please, and hit that "REPLY" and type in something.  You don't have to commit to the event.  Just check 'em out and say you've looked it over.  As Lance said at the driver's meeting today, we need to have our members make these replies so that the future advertisers will realize we all get onto the sites so it will make it worth their while to advertise in the future.  Check out the posts, let me know if there's something I can do to better them or the event!  Pam Winters - SoCal Social Director
Questions, comments or problems?  Email [email protected]

hemotox

Hard to beat
two black vipers !!!  <2

Copperhead Mike

Matthew and I had a blast. It was great to see everyone.  Thank you Lance for putting together another great event. Jim and Judy thanks again for the ice cream.  >p. I certainly needed a nap after that.

-Cuz Mike
2005 Viper Truck - Quad Cab - Red - SOLD
2006 SRT-10 - Copperhead w/Black Stripes - SOLD
2009 ACR - Graphite/Black - SOLD
2016 Viper GTC T/A 2.0 - White/Demonic Red - SOLD

PCH VIPER

We had a great turnout with 33 cars today.  That is what makes our club events successful and fun !

Thank you again Hemotox for buying us all breakfast this morning !  What a great way to start our day.

Thank you for taking great pictures and posting them.   For some reason, I'm finding it harder and harder to find time to take pictures at our events. 
I have the pics up on my site now.   www.kouchicentral.com

Here are a few that you missed.

hemotox

PCH VIPER

Quote from: hemotox on June 13, 2011, 04:48:41 AM
Arturo del Toro did not show!

No, but he did call in for the driver's meeting    >v

AceFang

I had a great time with my Viper, my grandson, and the wonderful group of people who make up the SoCal Viper club.  Thank you Lance for a great event.  Thank you Eric for breakfast. 
John Bennett