SAN DIEGO BEACH HOUSE RUN - Sat. Aug 27

Started by Pam, January 22, 2011, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pam

SAN DIEGO BEACH HOUSE RUN
SATURDAY, AUGUST 27
This is an opportunity for Viper owners and other sports cars to gather in late August and head for the beach where it's cool.  
For those of you who are early birds and enjoy the company of other car-guys, CARS & COFFEE at the Carlsbad Outlet Mall parking area (near the Windmill & Ruby's Diner) starts gathering on Saturday mornings as early a 7AM and goes till about 9:30AM.  
   The Beach House Restaurant opens at 11AM, leaving you time after Cars & Coffee to explore the mall or drive through some of the little beach towns on the way to Cardiff By The Sea, and the Beach House Restaurant.
We are not going to try to line up a full Viper caravan, but those of you who want to travel together can definately start out as a "snake".  The summer traffic on a Saturday morning on Highway 1 (or even I-5, for that matter) has been too heavy to hope to keep a caravan together.  THE ADDRESS to the BEACH HOUSE RESTAURANT(click for map) is 2530 South Coast Highway 101, Cardiff By The Sea, CA.  On your way there, just a few blocks North of the restaurant is the famous Surfer Statue which is generally decorated or dressed according to the season, someone's whim, or a holiday.  They even created a shark to "swallow" the surfer statue a couple years back.  (a little local fun)
    For those of you who would like to start your Saturday a little later, just meet us by or a little before 11AM at the BEACH HOUSE RESTAURANT so we can get all of us parked together.  The Valet attendant is very willing to work with our group, but will have to take into consideration other restaurant guests' needs also.  We will pay the Valet for "parking" us even though we will do our own parking.    
    We will be seated next to large windows that will be opened to the breeze and sound of the surf, with the ocean right out on the edge of the patio.  The restaurant offers a full bar, and you can choose something as simple as an appetizer or a full lunch.  (The cioppino is really good!)
   SOME OF YOU HAVE EXPRESSED INTEREST IN GOING INTO CARLSBAD AFTER LUNCH TO DRIVE THE K-1 SPEED GO CARTS.  Individual drivers can buy a 14 lap run for $20.  If we get a group of 8 or more, a group deal is available.  That offers 14 qualifying laps, then 16 competition laps, with medals handed out by K-1 Carts, with this package costing $45 per person.  Please let me know ASAP of your interest in the go-carts so we can determine whether enough of you want to do a group of 8 or more, or just the individual races.  Those of you who want to go the the K1-Speed Go Carts in Carlsbad, THE ADDRESS IS: 6212 Corte Del Abeto, Carlsbad (click for map)... right across from the Palomar Airport Road.
    Those who aren't interested in the go-cart racing can either hang out at the Beach House Restaurant and enjoy the sound of the waves and cool drinks there, or drive into some of the little beach towns.   It's always fun to park and walk around the Cedros Design District nearby.  (I'll have maps available at the restaurant)

THOSE WHO PLAN TO ATTEND

Paul & Mike
Pam
Randy & Sue
Dave & Lisa
Marv S
Paul Hawker
Richard & Charlene
Ruth & Nino
Ron & Nora
Anthony & Wanda
Peter & Tiffany

AND THOSE WHO MIGHT WANT TO GO TO K-1 SPEED:
Lance
Marv
Peter
Brent
Questions, comments or problems?  Email [email protected]

Green Mamba

Sounds great but august gets booked quick. Let me know  so I can fit it in.

Randy

Pam

Randy:  You're in!  There's NOT going to be a limit on how many Vipers or people we can have; the more the merrier!  It's really a nice place to sit and socialize once at the restaurant, and a simple, short and pleasant run to it.  Unfortunately not a lot of twisty roads to speed through, though.  I'll get with the Beach House and again set up special parking so the Vipers can be photographed with the ocean as a background.  Maybe this year it won't be foggy like last year and the pictures will be brighter & more exciting.   <  Pam

black beauty

Marv S

Marv S. Would like to attend.  Maybe go north a few miles to k-1 go karts after.    Never been there but it looks close

Pam

Hey Marv, the go carts are close (in Carlsbad, approx.15 mi. away)  I have to get busy and get this run set up & organized, and I'll keep that in mind and try to work something in for those interested.  I'll start working on this ASAP so I can get some info posted! Pam =27

Mr. Fangs

Marv...Mr. President.

Will be good to see you again, old friend. <K

Working on a cruise right now. No reason not to end up with a little Karting action. =15

Paul
Paul & Teresa 09 Coupe

Pam

<m  I've asked Paul Hawker to help me figure out a simple little run since I'm not too familiar with these back roads, and then we'll stop at the Beach House for a bit of lunch.  Then those who feel like some serious racing can mosey on down to the Carlsbad Go Cart track and join in for a little competition among each other.  The idea is to escape the August heat on the beach for a while and have some Viper-fun and socializing.  We'll have a meet-point set up and into this post in a day or two!  Pam, SoCal Social Director

Pam

PLEASE REFER TO THE ORIGINAL POST FOR MAPS TO CLICK ON, ETC.  WE HAVE FINALIZED OUR PLANS FOR THIS RUN AND HERE'S HOW IT'LL WORK:
THOSE OF YOU WHO WOULD ENJOY JOINING SOME OF US AT THE SATURDAY MORNING CARS & COFFEE near the Windmill & Ruby's Diner at the Carlsbad Mall, will see a nice variety of sports cars there from 7-9:30AM and friendly car people.  Come on over any time between 7 & 9:30 and hang out, grab a cup of coffee, maybe a bite to eat at Starbucks or or one of the many food places there.
The Beach House Restaurant does not open until 11AM, so will begin our slow trip through traffic down to it at 10:30.   We ran the routes we had hoped to set a little run up within, and found that in this peak summer time everyone is out and traffic was impossible.  No parking to pull over and rest or enjoy the slow grind between stop lights and behind pokey drivers.  And, the further inland we searched, the hotter it became.  The idea of this run was to have a nice relaxing day along a COOL beach and coming out of our test-run hot and frustrated from traffic made us almost want to cancel the whole idea of this run.  Those of you who would enjoy taking off from Cars & Coffee on your own and exploring some of the little beach towns on the way to Cardiff By The Sea can do so at your leisure and meet the us all at the Beach House Restaurant (SEE ORIGINAL POST FOR MAP) at 11AM or slightly before.  And I know some of you don't like starting a Saturday morning in the wee-hours, and might prefer to skip all the early activity and head directly to the restaurant.
AFTER LUNCH, Those who would enjoy some competition, we have arranged for a small group to have some fun at the Carlsbad K-1 Carting (see post for map, etc).  If you have interest in this, please let me know so I can arrange for the right-size group & rates at K-1!  

PCH VIPER

Hey Stig,
Sounds like you and I need to head down south for this one and give our VCA President a little competition at K-1.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

Outspeed

I would love to give Marv a run for his money, but unfortunately, I won't be able to make it. Why don't YOU take him on??? VCA President vs. SoCal's very own Flyin 'Big Kahuna' Hawaiian Presidente! Like a modern age Ali/Foreman battle for the karting world...

And where are the professional karters? Banzai? Fast Eddie? Fujitas?

It's a tight track and the double hairpin after the start/finish is wicked...be sure to give up a little in order to gain a lot!

Nino Valmassoi

Please add Ruth and Nino to the list.  I think I'll bring the 94 since Ruth prefers a little less noise. =7

HyperViper

I'll see you Guys Saturday @ The Beach House
Ron & Nora ..San Diego...08 Vert..Black w/ White Stripes

PCH VIPER

Looks like it is going to be a warm weekend, so the beach weather should be refreshing.
I'm going to do my best to make it there for lunch.  I just hope traffic won't be too bad.

Our VCA Pres will also be there....hopefully with some cool "inside" info to share with us.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

swisspower

Hi Everybody !
Tiffany and Peter planning to attend.
See you Saturday!
Aka Swisspower