SPRING MOUNTAIN MOTORSPORTS RANCH - April 23 & 24 !!

Started by ViperX, January 20, 2011, 11:45:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ViperX

Art,

Call the track.  Not sure who to speak with but if you tell them you are with the Viper group that's driving in April, somebody there should be able to help.

Also, there's an outfit selling driving suits on line for just over $100 bucks, so you may want to buy one.

Dan

Bad News

Count me in this year;  it sounds like a lot of fun.  I've got the helmet.  I just have to work on renting or buying one of the driving suits.  Paul
'01 Red RT10

MoparMan

Quote from: ViperX on February 09, 2011, 06:25:22 PM
Art,

Call the track.  Not sure who to speak with but if you tell them you are with the Viper group that's driving in April, somebody there should be able to help.

Also, there's an outfit selling driving suits on line for just over $100 bucks, so you may want to buy one.

Dan

Dan,

Do you think they'll actually make us use the driving suits this year or will they let us slide again like last year?

ViperX

MFujita

Justin and I will not miss this event. Count us in.

Mike Fujita

kenalker

Quote from: Jason&Sarah on January 20, 2011, 06:41:29 PM
Where is a good place to get a driving suit?  What brands are recommended that won't exactly break the bank...

Here are a few links for you that I compiled for you from a bunch of emails I exchanged with people when I was looking for an inexpensive suit (these start at $99):

http://www.saferacer.com/g-force-gf105-one-piece-racing-suit.html?productid=915
http://www.upr.com/G-Force-105-Racing-Suit-p320.html
http://www.upr.com/Lico-Steel-Racing-Suit-p739.html
http://wescoperformance.stores.yahoo.net/race-suits.html

Here are some of my notes:  Wesco Performance does not stock anything (Internet orders only); it is all drop-shipped from the manufacturer.  The lady I spoke to was asking about fire ratings and SFI specifics and I told her "anything will work as long as it is a race suit" and she recommended Pyrotect and Crow (Proban material in both cases; not Nomex; probably due to cost even though we hadn't spoke about pricing at all) as they are local manufacturers (the latter being in Orange County) so suits would arrive timely (even though I didn't tell her there were time constraints).

I bought a Pyrotect Proban Sportsman Deluxe 2-piece for myself and one for my wife, Lena.  I ordered multiple sizes, not knowing what would fit, and I was glad I did as I had to mix-and-match to get a jacket and pants that fit properly.  They allowed me to return everything I didn't keep for a full refund (and they had no problems with me mixing jacket and pants between sized-sets).  We've only used them once (Spring Mountain), and they worked fine for the weekend (we didn't catch on fire).

Ken Alker     ^12

DarkSnake

Juan V

2008 Viper Coupe
2012 458 Italia
2012 SuperBee

Speedtactics

Last year I bought a suit from K1 and it was reasonable I think around $300 for the sfi cert suit.( which you need)
I figure Its worth it when you can use it at least 3-4 times a year or more. Besides you can show up at the local starbucks and act like a race car driver or use it for halloween >g
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

MoparMan

We got the last room at the Nug-pup. Where's dinner on Saturday night?

Also, do we pay the track fees at the track like last year?

ViperX

Guys,

FYI, on the subject of fire suits, Chad (Ex pro rally racer and owner of Sube Sports in Huntington Beach) strongly recommends getting a one piece driving suit.

Dan

Ted

Does anyone know if there are still rooms available for Friday near the track?

Thanks!

ViperX

Hey Ted,

Check the first post.  There are 3 hotel options listed there with contact info.

See you at the track,

Dan

G-Force aka Garry G

I am 100% in and promise not to have pneumonia!  :-)

PCH VIPER

>g     >g    >g    >g    >g

This boy is all set to go !!!!

So who is driving out on Friday with me?
I'm thinking we should get into Barstow around 11:30 at the absolute latest, which means we meet in Ontario at 9:30 and leave by 10:00.

Hopefully I can see by then.   ^17
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

NK BREKR

>r I'm rolling out on Friday, meet at the usual Chevron? Fast Eddie will head out with us too.