VIPER DAYS Comes to So Cal - March 25 - 27

Started by ViperX, January 20, 2011, 11:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Specialty Performance Team

I will be there if anyone needs a hand. Cell number is 310-597-6295. For those who want to do a performance test before the event, Stop by our open dyno day on Saturday March 19th.

HISSSN1

Quote from: PCH VIPER on March 11, 2011, 06:14:37 AM
So is everyone driving back to the track Sat night for the banquet at 7:00
or are they just staying there ALL day, having dinner and then making the long drive back to the hotel?

I think after all day in the sun I will be pretty tired and then the wait, plus the drive back to the hotel it will be after 10 pm. I think I will skip the banquet drive back and get some dinner and rest anybody else in for that.  Eddie
2009 ACR VENOM B
2010 ACR-X Chassis #15
2015 HELLCAT CHARGER
2017 ACR E 1 of 1 Viper Detroit Battleship Gray
2019 Hellcat Redeye

EXHLR8N

I think the Sidewinders should have dinner at the Hotel as a group ... I agree.
The Best Things in Life are Dangerous

redtanrt10

Dan,

Thanks for your explanation note.  I screwed up my registration and Melissa from NARRA wrote me a note back.  I hadn't reviwed your post on the various classes.  When I first signed up I was in the beginner group. I am now signed up for the Time Trial (white).  She had me send her your (conversion) note as I guess alot of folks are confused with the new classes.

Ben,

Why don't you come into the white group with Dan and I?

Lance,

What makes the dinner question tough for me is not knowing the track schedule.  If my session were to end at say 4pm then I'd go back to the hotel, shower and then come back.  But if it were to end at 5 pm then I guess I'd probably stay at the track.  (I'd also like to go to church Sat night too).  I have a friend from Phoenix coming with me and he'll be driving my car in the Beginner group. I see a few suggestions about a SoCal dinner together back at the hotel and I'd be fine with that too.

Mike

ViperX

Hey Mike,

Yes, Ben should be running with you and I.

We asked NARRA to move the BBQ dinner (not really a banquet like they've had in the past) at the track to 6:00 PM and they have, so we'll get to eat a bit sooner.

Keep in mind that it's over an hour to the hotel from the track, so I doubt that anybody will want to drive back and forth.

Dan

admin

VIPER DAYS TRACK SCHEDULE

Scottp

Mike - I'm in the same class with you and Dan.  Looking forward to it!
Scott

PCH VIPER

Hey guys,
With them moving the dinner earlier to 6:00, this will be a bit more feasible to deal with.
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

redtanrt10

Dan,

thanks so much for posting the schedule!!!  Also, great news on switching the dinner to earlier!                         (I'll send you a note off-line about fuel, not sure if they have any at the track and if so what price?) 

Scott,

glad your in our group, hopefully we get Ben in there too!

Mike

ViperX

Hey Mike and Guys,

They do have fuel at the track, check their website for more info.

I'm planning to bring my own 100 unleaded and then mix some of their 91 with it.

Not sure on the prices as gas seems to be going crazy right now.

You and I will be in 3rd gear the entire session, so we will use some gas.....

Dan  <2

redtanrt10

Dan,

I had called the track the other day and they called back yesterday.  they sell, 91, 95.5 and 100 unleaded.

when I asked the 95.5 price he said;  $5.00 (91) and $9.00 (100) /2 = $7.00

I found a local station in Indio and they get $8.99 for the 100. The Irvine 76 station also gets $8.99 for 100.

with all this said I'll come with 1/2 a tank of 91 for $4.25 then buy their 100.

Something to consider down the road, with your big trailer, maybe go the 55 gallon drum route from Torco like the Pennington's have. the guy I'm gettting used Hoosiers from in Phoenix is a torco distributor.  He says the 55 drum is around $5.50 a gallon (today) and you also need a $300 pump for the drum

Mike

Outspeed

Does anyone run a 91 & 100LL (aviation fuel) mix?

Scottp

Mike - $5.50 per gallon is a great price, we pay about $6.20 per gal for 96 octane delivered.  Don't forget to add the delivery and taxes after $5.50 number.

Scott

ViperX

The HB car wash was $7, then $7.50, now I think they're $8.50 for 100 unleaded.

The issue with the 55 gallon drum is as Scott says, delivery is pricey and handling is difficult.  A full 55 gallon drum is close to 400 lbs.

I may graduate to this, but will stick with my smaller gas cans for now.

Dan

redtanrt10

Scott,

I figured his price was w/AZ tax and CA would be higher, still better than the near $9.00 gallon pump price