Photo Shoot January 23, 2011

Started by PCH VIPER, December 22, 2010, 10:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCH VIPER

Quote from: NK BREKR on December 29, 2010, 09:16:34 AM
Hey Ted,
The only tip Lance will give you is to have others detail the Viper for you  >w  He bullied Eddie, Ben, Justin and me at VOI 11 into washing his car.  But seriously Lance doesn't wash his car he's just very good at photoshopping the dirt off of it.

I have polished rims too and have found Meguiars Quik Wheel Detailer to work quite well to get the brake dust off the wheels without too much effort.

Believe it or not, the car does not have to be absolutely perfect for the photo shoot.  Minor blemishes can be "fixed" in post processing.  We will be shooting pictures in RAW format which is the best format for post processing and tweaking colors and lighting.
As for the wheels and tires, they actually prefer NOT having any spray products put on the tires.  For that "wet" look, the best thing is to mist the tires with water prior to the shoot.

And yes, Eddie, Ben, Justin and Art are very good at washing cars.  My ACR was clean and spiffy for the panoramic picture in SLC.   >v
www.kouchicentral.com  for more viper pictures

1HOTACR

Happy New Year Everyone!

I agree with Scott... Come on people, let's show our support by signing-up!!!  After all, how often do we get a special opportunity like this?  Thanks to Lance and everyone who's putting it together - It's going to be a great event!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

=14
Steph

And, yes, Mike & Art... I'll be bringing the LOA...  <9
Glenn
1HOTV10 - 2014 GTS Striker Green
1HOTACR - 2017 ACR-E

ViperX

Hey Guys,

On the tires, I've found that Griots makes a Vinyl and Rubber dressing that works really well.  Cleans the tires and leaves them looking new, not shiny.

On the wheels, I would remove mine and clean the wheels and barrels with Griots wheel cleaner, then apply some Griots Speed Shine or Meguiars Quick Detailer.  Both are paint products and work very well on polished or painted wheels.

Either of these products, Meguiars or Griots paint products work well on your paint just before you go into the photo booth, you know, in case you pick up some spots or insect jerky on the way to the photo shoot.

For bare aluminum wheels, like some Forgelines or HRE's, Meguiars pink wheel polish works really well.  Wheels cleaned with this product will outshine OE clear coated wheels.

Dan  ^2

SDViper1

Lance count Michael and Sarafina in for the slot after RON.

Banzai Ben

2013 SRT Viper, Race Yellow
2003 Viper Comp Coupe, GTS Blue
2005 SRT-10 Ram, Yellow Fever
2018 Hellcat Challenger, Indigo Blue

HyperViper

Lance, Pam ... Please open up the 1:20 spot. I cannot make it.

Thanks Ron
Ron & Nora ..San Diego...08 Vert..Black w/ White Stripes

PCH VIPER

People have been asking what type of pictures they would be getting.
Here are a few sample pictures you will get of your car.
In addition, if there is a certain angle or shot you would like, you just need to let Scott know so he can shoot it for you.  He'll be shooting the pictures in both RAW and JPG format and you will get all the files on a custom flash drive. The RAW files will give you the ability to go back and do some post processing of the image in PhotoShop and "clean up" any imperfections. 
I printed up some really cool poster size prints and had them framed.

ViperX

Hey Lance,

Did you clean your car with a toothbrush!

That's the cleanest engine compartment I think I've ever seen.....

Dan

DEDLY4U

Lance mahalo!

Put Cheryl and I in for the 10:40 time slot. 

Speedtactics

Just a note I will not be cleaning any cars >u
Scott Hirko
2016 Viper GT with TA 2.0 package and APR carbon aero package.
2014 GTS track pack with TA 1.0 carbon aero package.
www.speedtactics.com www.facebook.com/speedtactics

PCH VIPER

I think that is going to be my job  =16

SDViper1

lANCE

I REGRET THAT SARAFINA AND I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ATTEND.  BUSINESS TRIP.

CAP

Craig and Dolly for 9:40, please. <2

VIPER28

Lance,

Can you please put me down for 1:20pm if possible?

Angel

Newport Viper

04 SRT-10